Looking for good doctors in NJ/PA/NYC. What procedure might I need done? (Photo)

I have always been insecure about my nose being too big for my face and was always made fun about it. The tip of my nose is not straight, it's wide and I have some trouble breathing. I also dislike my profile what would be the recommend procedures for my nose job and what are some good recommend doctors in the area?

Tip and rhinoplasty

Without seeing the entire nose, it is difficult to say what is best for you.  Refining the tip may be limited by the thick tissues of your tip.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Ethnic Rhinoplasty Possiblities

Hi and thanks for your question and photos.  It does appear that you have a large, bulbous nasal tip with some irregularities in the tip cartilages.  You would benefit from a rhinoplasty to make the tip smaller and more regular.  I would be happy to see you for a consultation with computer imaging to give you an idea of what can be done.

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty To Correct A Wide Tip

Rhinoplasty surgery will help to improve your nose from a cosmetic and functional standpoint.  I suggest a consultation where your nose can be thoroughly examined.  From a functional standpoint, it can be determined what is causing your breathing issues.  You then can also discuss your cosmetic concerns and an individualized plan can be made to reshape your nose.  Good Luck!  I have provided a link below.  

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Open rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.
In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty Goals

A rhinoplasty specialist will be able to comprehensively address the issues you have with your nose, both cosmetic and functional. While there are a variety of approaches and techniques employed by various surgeons, it is up to you to do your due diligence to find a rhinoplasty specialist in order to achieve the best results possible. Using autologous grafts (tissue and cartilage from your own body) will provide the safest and most permanent results. Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Donald B. Yoo, MD