Small area of incision isn't closed after 15 weeks, saw my doctor at 6 weeks he said it will close. Is this normal.

The area is below and slightly left to my belly button. I keep Bactrian and cover with gauze, it seems to be getting smaller but is deep, a little larger than a pea.

Open wound 15 weeks post opo

From your description this propbably is a suture that wants to come out.I would go back to your doctor to see if he can remove it.Sounds like you will be ok.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Chronic wound

An open wound after 15 weeks may be due to a foreign body reaction like a suture that will not dissolve.  I would have it evaluated and possibly debrided to remove the offending object so the skin can heal.  

Small area of incision isn't closed after 15 weeks. Is this normal?

What procedure did you have done?  Is the non-healing area smaller now?  Is there drainage?  A surgeon would need to see this area to know if it is normal, but generally, incisions are healed after this period.

Kenneth D. Christman, MD
Dayton Plastic Surgeon

Most likely needs exploration under local anesthesia for either retention suture or cyst.. See your surgeon now... 

Thank for your question!
How much time does he told you the incision will close? You must make an appointment with your plastic surgeon for a revision of the incision.
Have a nice day!

Yily De Los Santos, MD

15 weeks

If it still is open at 15 weeks, it is time to see the surgeon again. A photo would be helpful allowing for more specific comments and advice. 

All the best.