How is recovery for Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Butt Lift at the same time? Should these procedures be done at the same time?

Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Butt Lift at the same time- Possible but not always recommended

I usually perform the procedures at separate times due to the positioning and the amount of Fat Graft harvesting that is usually required to augment the buttocks. I think the amount of fat which survives is maximized in this manner. If the procedures are performed at the same time, there is compression of the transferred fat while the abdominoplasty is being performed and this can lead to fat loss. I discuss this in detail with the patient and together we come up with the proper surgical strategy.

Yes they can but there are some many limitations that can ONLY be addressed in an IN PERSON examination... In 50% of my cases I separate these surgeries... 

Tummy tuck/brazilian butt lift

They can be doen at the same time depending on what the patient currently has and what her desires are.also alot depends on the overall medical condition of the patient and their previous medicasl history suchas have they had blood clots in their legs but yes they can be d ne at the same time.o

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

TT and BBL at the same time

Due to different positioning during recovery I generally do not perform both of these procedures at the same time.  Others may differ,.  

For me is a constant in my practice to do "Tummy Tuck Plus Liposculpture and Brazilian Butt Lift"  at the same time.

Lipo is performed to complement body contouring in upper and lower back, and flanks, the fat obtained is injected in the buttocks for BBL.

I do require my patients high hemoglobin levels for this surgery to be performed, from 12 mg. up. Recovery is no big deal.

Adolfo Sesto, MD