Am I ready or do I need to lose more weight before lipo and tummy tuck? (Photo)

I am weighing 194 lbs. Have lost 125 lbs. I want to get lipo and tummy tuck. Can someone please let me know if I am ready? I have posted pics. I only want lipo for the fat transfer to my flat butt.

Best weight

You need to be stable at your goal weight for at least 3 months before getting the procedures.  Also, you must check nutritional labs to make sure that you have enough protein to heal those wounds.

Hi and thanks for asking and posting your pictures.

First of all, to get the reconstruction of your body contour after a massive weight loss you should get to your  plateau weight, where you neither lose nor gain more weight.

And secondly, in my opinion you have to lose more weight because your "abdomen still looks hard and distended"  making difficult for the plastic surgeon to do the plication of  abdominal  muscle (tightening) in the tummy tuck,  and  becoming it a danger to your health.

After you lose  more weight you will be candidate for a Tummy Tuck Plus  Lipo and Fat Transfer to buttocks.

The ideal is  for you to reach a BMI of 24 for your surgery.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

Am I ready or do I need to lose more weight before lipo and tummy tuck?

Congratulations on loosing all of that weight! It's a great accomplishment- hope you embrace it. In my opinion- you are now ready for a major extended abdominoplasty ( tummy Tuck) and maybe even a complete belt lift with flank and hip liposuction to achieve your maximum contour improvement . At this point- the absolute result with respect to your abdominal wall can only be accurately assessed once you have had this extra fat and skin removed. In my opinion- it should be done at the hospital with overnight stay for maximum safety.

Further weight loss?

How tall are you?  A BMI of 30 or less is recommended for surgery.  Nonetheless, you would also benefit from an abdominoplasty to remove the excess skin and tighten your rectus fascia as well.  

Ready for tummy

If your weight has been stable and you are comfortable with your body size then you are all set.However if you are planning to lose another 20 30 or more pounds then I would wait. 

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Am I ready or do I need to lose more weight before lipo and tummy tuck

liposuction and a tummy tuck at this point would certainly give you some improvements but the abdominal area will not have much shape to it. You would still have a full appearance and little contours. If you are looking for more shape in the abdominal area then more weight loss is required.

Julio Garcia, MD

Thank you for your questions and photographs, and congratulations on your recent weight loss. In terms of an appropriate weight, it is always advisable to first get to your goal weight, a weight that you are comfortable at, and can maintain into the future.  This will assure you the best long-term results.  Certainly see a physician to start the process of a tummy tuck and fat grafting in order to gather as much information as possible, and to allow for appropriate planning.  

Tummy Tuck

Thanks for your picture.  Firstable congratulations for your effort on weighing and I would say that
you continue to lose weight so you can see better results on your future surgery. At the end you
will be a good candidate for the procedure that you want.

Roberto Guerrero, MD

Congratulations on your weight loss

Congratulations on your weight loss.  You certainly seem to have enough excess skin to have a successful tummy tuck, but I would recommend that you continue to lose weight.  More weight you lose, better results you will get.  And safer.  With decreased BMI your risk of serious complications decreases as well.

Martin Jugenburg, MD