How much should a patient weigh before getting liposuction?

Everyone keeps asking about weight loss and how much you will lose, but my question is about how much should a patient weigh before having this procedure. I am currently weighing 200 lbs and need to weigh 140, so I want to know how much I need to lose on my own before I can get liposuction. Note to self I will be getting a tummy tuck after this. Please be very brief and specific.

Weight lose before lipo

there is no magic number.In a perfect world you would be at your ideal weight but that is not always possible.Sometimes there are areas that are way out of proportion and we can suction these and the hope is your self esteem improves and you go on to exercise and diet and lose additional weight.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Without photos- and knowing your medical history it is difficult to comment accurately. Generally speaking, it is always best to achieve your ideal weight first before undergoing a cosmetic procedure. Keep in mind -- liposuction only addresses excess fat-- not excess skin. If your BMI is high-- you are not a good candidate for liposuction. Best to seek in person consultation with an experienced BC PS.

Weight loss is not necessary prior to liposuction.

Patients with a high BMI would not be considered ideal candidate for liposuction but can get very pleasing results. It all depends on the expectations of the patient.

Weight vs Lipo or TT

No height stated to the weight! So best to lose atleast 40 pounds than decide if Lipo vs TT??? 

Weight before liposuction is not set

There is no set weight that is appropriate for you to be well prepared for liposuction.  It will depend on the fat distribution and whether the surgeon feels an area can be well treated. You could theoretically have liposuction right now, but would need to be examined to be sure.