Juvederm XC. (photos)

Injected May 24th 1 cc syringe. That is what he claims. I had to go back for more on June 2 and injected .5 cc. Then by July 5 all of it was gone. How can that be? I also had him to botox my 11 lines between brows and its gone too. Very upset. He is a PA ...I found that out later. Was told he was a DOCTOR.

I would advise to compare before and after photos taken in same lighting as well as same angles. The photos you provided are all different and it is difficult to assess. In the future if you have doubts about fillers, you can always ask your physician to provide you with the "identity sticker" that comes with every syringe- that way you know what product you received. As for your Botox, you may not have received the proper dosage. Be sure to always check reviews online before choosing your physician and be sure he or she is a board certified plastic surgeon. Best of Luck to you,

Juvederm results

Thank you for your question Lori Wiggs. Juvederm is a filler that can be used to enhance the face. It can be placed in the nasolabial folds, marionette lines, and lips along with other areas. We always take before and after photographs without makeup, because makeup can change the way things look. From your photographs it is difficult to assess any changes given the differences in angle, lighting, makeup, etc. Photographs can be taken with facial expressions as well to assess results of Botox.Some people metabolize fillers more rapidly than others. This is common in the lips as we move our lips a lot to eat, speak, and breath.Depending on the state, physicians, NPs, PAs, and nurses can perform injectable treatments. I personally know many physicians, NPs, PAs, and nurses that are outstanding injectors. The most important things to look for are experience, before and after photographs, videos, and testimonials.Please follow up with your injector for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Juvederm in lips gone quickly

There are some people that metabolize fillers faster than others. It usually has nothing to do with the injector. Botox usually will last about 3 months. It is dose dependant though, with higher doses lasting longer. You might want to try Restylane for this lips next time.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm Results - If Unhappy, Consider Different Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Sculptra, Fat Injections

Some people metabolize fillers more rapidly than others and some people need more than 1-2 syringes to get an "optimal" outcome. I suggest you see a true facial sculpting expert who can evaluate you.  Typically I am doing sculptra injections pan-facially and then other fillers on top to define and contour the face.  This is more than 1 syringe.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Response to Juvederm

Hello, and thanks for your questions and photographs. I think it would be a good idea to review before and after photos with your injector to assess your response, which may be subtle. I do also recommend only getting treated by an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best, Dr. Frucht.

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox And Juvederm Results

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Sorry to hear about your experience.  It would be helpful to review your before and after photographs with your injector.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved with Botox and Juvederm.  Etched creases may require multiple Botox treatments to see the best results.  The duration of Botox is typically 3-6 months, average 4 months.  With optimal correction, Juvederm results typically last for up to one year.  In the future, please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully address your concerns, to discuss your goals and expectations, and to determine the best treatment plan for you.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Non surgical treatments

Without good set of pre and post-treatment photos, and knowing which specific areas you have treated with Juvederm - it's difficult to comment accurately. Different patient require different amount of product, provided a patient is a candidate for this procedure on the first place. Same thing applies to the glabella muscle-- sometimes it takes a combination of both Botox and filler to address this area. I recommend you seek  an experienced Board Certified PS for in person exam and evaluation.

Juvederm XC.

Thank you for your question and photographs.  It appears that you had Juvederm placed into your lips and received a nice initial response.  Some patients are able to metabolize fillers very quickly and others have more significant swelling with the injections, that once dissipated, appear to have had the filler absorbed.  I would ask to see the before and after photographs of your treatment with the PA so that you can see what differences have been created.  As far as your botox it is often a need for additional placement if you still are manifesting contraction between your brows.  Individual's sensitivity to Botox is widely variable and yours may need a bit more.  If ultimately you are unhappy with your results seek a second opinion from an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon.  

Juvederm XC.

Seems something was lost in translation. If the PA identified himself as a physician than that is a board of medicine issue - false and deceptive advertising, practicing medicine without a MD license. Also the issue partly falls on your shoulders -- you needed to do more research. Use ONLY private prsct8ce boarded MDs to do your injections. Ask to see the product box before injected, do not under treat yourself! if you need 2 syringes ay for them!. Good Luck. Very difficult lesson to learn... Sorry

Post juvederm

Not sure where they put the juvederm - lips??  NLF?  also can't see your glabella in the after photos.  You have very deep glabellar lines in the before.  These are not going away with an injection of Botox.  They will soften and after several repeated injections of Botox they may diminish significantly.  We look for decreased movement to see if the Botox is working, not elimination of lines.  There are many well trained PAs who do injections and for some that is all they do.  Just because someone is an MD doesn't guarantee good injections.    

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon