Food feels like it is stuck in esophagus. It hurts. Is this normal?

Most times when I eat I feel like the food gets stuck its scary and painful I just had a tummy tuck 14 days ago with muscle repair is it something that I am doing wrong I try to make sure I eat well veggies and fruit plus water and protein drinks . This has been happening from beginning so I know I can't eat much when I do eat could it be that I am eating gassy foods???? Will this get better ?

If you are having true dysphagia than you may need an endoscopic upper GI examination. Best to discuss with your surgeon very soon. 

Tummy Tuck Recovery

Please contact your board certified plastic surgeon with any and all post operative questions. It is important that you surgeon is aware of any concerns you have. Best wishes!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Food blocked

This is unusaul and may be due to a narrowing in your esophagus.This does not normally occur after a tummy tuck.speak with your surgeon and he may refer you to a gastroenterologist to be evaluated if it doesn't clear.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon