Something other than finasteride?

So, I really want to try finasteride and believe I am a perfect candidate, but I don't want to risk the possibility of losing my sex drive. I understand the chances of this side effect happening are super slim, but just the possibility alone is keeping me away. Is there anything that will stop and regrow besides finasteride that won't cause problems with sex drive? I'm taking rogaine now, but not much luck. I'm 19 and want a hair transplant, but I'm assuming I'm too young. Anything that works! TY

If you are concerns with taking a medication it is best to discuss this with your doctor. All medications

If you are concerns with taking a medication it is best to discuss this with your doctor.  All medications have side effect risks.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride, Spironolactone, follicular unit (FUE) hair transplantation/ARTAS

I suggest you see a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in hair for a formal consultation. There are many options for hair loss: PRP, Progesterone, and Rogaine. See an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Hair loss medication Treatments

There are many different types of minoxidil and different strengths.  You can always increase the percentage of minoxidil, use extra, and ensure that you are massaging it into scalp. 

Saw Palmetto also another option that is organic and can block DHT organically.  Not a potent as finasteride or dutasteride but helpful.  

The third option is the use of topical progesterone and latisse.  You can find this solution by contacting our office in Beverly Hills at 310-652-6444.  

A fourth option would be topical finasteride which has benefits without the systemic adverse effects of oral finasteride,

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Finastride

Unfortunately, this is the only drug that blocks the DHT when working in combination with your genes to produce balding. There are no other such medications that have similar actions

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon