Having a lower body lift 27 Sept and upper arms. How long post can I a) climb stairs b) pick up my 5 month old? She is 7kg.

Body lift and arm lift - pre-op planning

Thank you for asking about your body lift and arm lift recovery.
  • You truly need to ask your surgeon for instructions on what you can do after surgery.
  • If you were my patient, I would want to know how many stairs - and if climbing them is necessary -
  • Ideally after a body lift, you are out of bed walking at once but stairs may be too painful for 1-2 weeks.
  • I would not want you picking up or caring for a 5 months old child for 2-4¬†weeks.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS