Can this still be just swelling or am I developing symmastia? (photo)

i'm 5'10", 135lbs, wide frame. i recently switched implants from 500cc hp silicone to 800cc mod+ saline implants filled to 800cc left and 960cc right, in the hopes of a more balanced/big look. at first i was just a bit worried, but recently i'm VERY worried. i am reposting my question since i was unable to send the more appropriate pictures the first time!

BBA

Your implants do seem to have moved more towards the center since your immediate post-op pictures. This is worrisome. You should see your PS ASAP. An in-person examination is needed.

Synmastia

From the photos it does appear you are developing symmastia. I would see my PS and get his opinion. Should you wish in the future to get it corrected I have lot of experience in it's correction.

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Swelling or Symmastia

It is very possible but it's hard to determine without knowing as to when you had surgery. As post-op #swelling can be mistaken as #symmastia. Symmastia is a condition which can occur when the implants are too close together. Patients often refer to this as a “uniboob.” Occasionally, the space or pocket for the breast implant is created towards the center, or the tissue stretches, forcing  the implants to fall too much towards the center of the breasts.  

Correction of this problem may involve using different implants such as textured, a smaller size, or a smaller base and placing the implants in a new pocket. Sometimes, this may require surgery in more than one stage to allow the tissues to heal and then place the implants. If the implants have been placed above the muscle, converting them under the muscle frequently will help and, again, the use of a dermal substitute may be required for additional support if the tissues are thin. The techniques of #capsulorrhaphy and #neopectoral pockets may apply here as well. You show signs that may be symmastia. However, it is best to consult with your Plastic Surgeon to better determine with an in-person exam. 

Symmastia

Although your initial post op photos looked good, the most recent ones are concerning for symmastia. Definitely return to your PS ASAP.