What would I actually need to do in order to get the best results ?

I want to look skinny with curves. In some of the pictures I've seen some of the patients that still look thick after the procedure. So do I need to loose more weight before having the "mommy make-over"? Weight:143 Height: 5'0

Result Expectations of a Mommy Makeover

Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation.The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation. Also, another element to a satisfying result of your procedures are realistic #expectations.
The best method and #technique for your #procedures will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Your surgery should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience with the procedures you are seeking. For instance, a plastic surgeon who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery is suitable to perform your #BreastAugmentation. Aside from checking #board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

How to get the best results from surgery

The same advice exists for those who are going to have plastic surgery as those who have had plastic surgery: eat healthily and perform conditioning exercise regularly. Remember, plastic surgery, body contouring and the Mommy Makeover are NOT weight loss operations but are procedures that are designed to reshape one's figure particularly those changes in one's figure that come about as a result of child bearing. Exercises that are directed at toning the involved muscles (the abdominal rectus and oblique muscles for example) are appropriate when planning for a tummy tuck.Plan to consult a Board Certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate plenty of before and after photo examples of the type of procedure that you are interested in.

Tad Grenga, MD, FACS
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Mommy make-over - how to get the beset results.

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • The pictures you are seeing may show women 6 weeks after surgery -
  • Swelling does not subside for 6 - 12 months.
  • But to look skinny with curves, you need to lose weight before having your tummy tuck.
  • When you are near your ideal weight, you will get your best result and be closest to your wish look.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Thank you for your question.  In general, the closer you are to your ideal weight, the better the aesthetic results will be.  Try not to compare to others as people have different frames.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Some woman still look "thick" after a tummy tuck or lipo as they may have a larger frame/more muscular. Not everyone has a 24 inch waist even with surgery. Our bone structure/frame decides how "thin" we can be.

Mommy Makeover

For the very best result get as close to your ideal body weight before surgery as possible. Your plastic surgeon can help contour your body with a combination of liposuction and tummy tuck surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

There are a number of things you can do to improve your results

Try to maximize you fitness level and get your BMI as close to ideal as possible. Work on your core musculature to make it as strong as possible. These two pre-op measures are highly effective to get a superior result

Max Gouverne, MD
Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

For optimal results it is best if you can get as close to your ideal body weight as possible.  The tummy tuck portion of the mommy makeover will remove loose skin and tissue and contour your abdomen. It can only address tissues that are in front of the abdominal wall.  Any fat behind it is addressed by diet and exercise.  I encourage you to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn more about the procedures and to design a plan to achieve your surgical goals.

Camille Cash, MD