Would liposculpture or something of that nature help me in any of my trouble areas? (hips, lower abdomen, back, or chin) (photo)

I'm 28 years old, non-smoker, I have increased my workouts to 3-5 days a week since June 2015 and I eat reasonably healthy. Despite my efforts there are some areas that are not budging, even at my thinnest these areas have been stubborn. The main areas I am concerned with are in my midsection, hips, back, and also under my chin. I am hoping that I can have something done in December/January during winter break. I'm not expecting to lose weight but a boost in areas that have been stubborn.

Would liposculpture or something of that nature help me in any of my trouble areas? (hips, lower abdomen, back, or chin)

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. SculpSure can address the stuborn flank and abdomen areas, removing up to 25% of the subcutaneous fat. It is a non-surgical in-office 25-minute treatment with little to no recovery time. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction can really make a big improvement and is easy to undergo.

I would recommend 2 procedures which can be done in the same week under local tumescent lipo. One would be the hips, lower back, outer thighs and buttocks and another would be the full abdomen and jawline/neck. You are back to work in 2 days and back to the gym in 1 week. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Hi Definition VASER Liposuction / VASER Hi Def Body Contouring

Body contouring/liposuction has evolved over the past years and is not just about fat reduction but more so about sculpting and defining. In patients who have smaller problem areas, you want an energy based device to help melt fat and tighten skin. as well, it helps to define and shape the musculature. This type of liposuction requires a specialized body contouring specialist who is trained in 4D hi definition procedures and can do fat removal with both deep and superficial liposculpture. Please see an expert for sculpting and defining procedures, whos practice is dedicated to these types of surgeries. Best, Dr. Emer.

Will liposuction help?

Based on your photos and your history, it does appear that you would be a good candidate for liposuction to remove excess fat in the specific areas that are bothering you. I would recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon who frequently does liposuction. Best of luck.

Paul Wigoda, MD
drwigoda.com

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction ideal for localized fat

Dear patient, liposuction is a good option in young healthy patients with specific areas of excess fat like yourself; especially if you do not have loose skin.  You are correct that you will not lose much weight, but you will lose a few sizes.  Please see a board-certified surgeon specializing in body contouring.

Daniel Yamini, MD