My nose can be thinner? I just want to tune it or make it smaller. The bone of my nose is shaped, it is fairly linear. (photo)

My nose is upturned and pretty in profile, is perfect according to doctors, there is no deviation. I have a "Greek profile" they said. But the problem is on the front. It's like an olive. As a child she was pretty, but I poked my nose. I got a little wider. Sometimes becomes thinner. But others like now, it gets ugly. They say if I do not touch the return to form. Others say that if I lost over, I will thin nose. The symmetry of my face is correct, including the length and thickness of the bone.

Rinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us. In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge. With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features. Respectfully, Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Can My Nose Be Thinner

Rhinoplasty surgery can be done to narrow your entire nose including the tip. Significant improvement will require minimal changes; select an experienced specialist so you achieve a natural feminine result.

Dear similargirl, You can have a rhinoplasty performed to address the cartilages in the tip, refine the tip and narrow the nose with osteotomies while leaving the profile intact. You do have a slightly hanging columella that could be addressed as well. You want to ensure the surgeon you choose performs natural looking rhinoplasty results and someone who will not shorten your nose which would ruin your profile. Seek consultations with some experts and have imaging performed to show you what these refinements would look like with your facial anatomy. Review the surgeons before and after photographs to ensure natural looking results. To see a nose slightly refined review the video above and the link below for other examples. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Closed rhinoplasty for the wide tip and nasal bones,etc.

Closed rhinoplasty for the wide tip and nasal bones,etc Also your hanging columella can be removed and the tip narrowed. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who can show you very natural before and after photographs of his work. Do not rely on imaging.

You have mildly splayed lower later cartilages that make the tip a bit wide.  This can be corrected with a closed rhinoplasty only doing the tip.  I would leave everything else alone.  A closed "tip plasty" heals quickly and can be done without general anesthesia.  Best wishes. 

David Alessi, MD

Rhinoplasty to narrow a wide nose

A closed rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing wide nose with osteotomies. The hanging columella can also be reduced. For more information many examples, please see the video and the link below