2 weeks post-op and I still have a lot of skin left after a full 360 Lower Body Lift. What can I do? (photos)

I am post losing over 100 pounds and had a breast lift, 360 lower body lift. I have more flabbiness where I had a little extra fluid. I do have stretch marks from babies but why is my abdominal result so bad. I don't even feel like my butt and outer thighs were lifted enough. I need to go back and do pubic and inner thighs when I save the money but I'm so upset overy the tummy tuck results. All the flab and skin hangs over the belly button. It is tighter below the belly button.

2 weeks post-op and I still have a lot of skin left after a full 360 Lower Body Lift. What can I do?

It is a bit early to judge about the need for revision.  You do need to wait at least 3 months before considering revision.

Too early to judge.

Thanks for this question. It's too early to judge as a final, but excess in major weight loss patients even after removing a large surface are is common and expected. The loose skin is a limitation of plastic surgery of the body that cannot be overcome in many cases. I suggest waiting a good six months and talking to your surgeon about revision. Also for your inner thighs, you may need to do a thigh lift. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

2 weeks post-op and I still have a lot of skin left after a full 360 Lower Body Lift. What can I do

Thank you for the question. You are in early phase of healing. I recommend you to wait 4-5 months and re evaluate. Please express your concerns to your PS. Revision can be done if needed after 6 months

It is a little hard to visualize what is going on due to the picture quality, but it does look like you still have some residual loose skin. At this point, I would allow everything to heal for 4 to 6 months before considering another surgery. There are several options including a reverse abdominoplasty and removal of more trunk skin with a vertical incision either in the midline or on both sides of your torso.

I would recommend that you seek out a surgeon who has extensive experience with massive weight loss patients. While most surgeons can perform these procedures, I find that every patient needs something a little different based on their specific body type and where they are lax.