Brow lift ... considering? (Photo)

I posted a picture of my brows not lifted, then one of raising them because when I do this the heaviness that I feel with my brows/eyelids goes away. Do my eyebrows look better raised? Also how much does a brow lift cost in PA area with the surgeons fees included?

Brow Lift

Thank you for your question. A brow lift can provide more even eyebrows and can be performed in conjunction with a blepharoplasty to address the heaviness of your eyelids.  I suggest you consult with a few different board certified facial plastic surgeon in your PA area to understand the variability of costs locally, which depend on the local market, surgeon and procedure. Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Browlift?

if you like your appearance of your eyes with raising them then that procedure can be done. However you have a very high hairline and you should have the irregular Trichophytic  Forehead Lift with the incision done at the hairline. We invented this procedure 35 years ago and  it allows lowering of your hairline while raising your Brose. Also the scar is not seen since hair grows through it and not behind it. See examples of the surgeons work before having this done with emphasis on looking at the hairline result. 

Considering a brow lift surgery in a young patient

A brow lift can provide your desired appearance, if that is your preference. Modern brow lift surgery is minimally invasive with less downtime than the traditional coronal brow lift from years ago. The procedure generally takes about an hour with prices starting approximately $5000. Another possible alternative is upper eyelid surgery to remove excess skin in some patients, without lifting the eyebrow. However, if you haven't already, then consider first a Botox brow lift without surgery. Nonsurgical treatment with Botox (or Dysport) in certain areas can possibly help relieve the heaviness of the eyelid/brow area without surgery. Lastly, speak with a plastic surgeon to perform an examination and help determine appropriate treatment options for you.Best,Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Browlift

a subtle brow lift, done appropriately, can open your eyes and give you a fresh and wide awake look.  The important thing, obviously, is not to over do it as you can quickly go into a "deer in headlights"....which is never pretty.  The reason I bring this up is based on your first picture - you do not have heavy brow ptosis, but certainly some brow hooding that comes over your eyes.  An endoscopic brow lift just to help raise and reset your brows to a more natural position would do very well.  A physical examination would be able to help determine whether a full brow lift is necessary or just a lateral temporal brow lift...but that question is easily answered during consultation.  As far as the second part of your question....that I can't help you with! I Hope some of this information helps you.  Best of luck.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a brow lift.  The key is to perform this procedure with a natural appearing goal result. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD