30-year old male, what to do to slow down aging?

I am 30-year old male. I notice lines around mouth, wrinkles on forehead and eyebags. I am getting botox, using tretinoin and putting on sunscreen. I am wondering what else I can do. I know I am still at the early process of aging but I really want to do something to look 5 years younger. I was told online Ultherapy is not suitable for my age. Then how about laser resurfacing and thermage? Eyebag removal surgery? Facial thermage? Juverderm for lines around mouth? What else?

Thanks for your query. You can consult a plastic surgeon as that can give you a better and permanent solution. For now you can include reservetrol and vitamin c in your diet. You can consider thermi RF .it is more advanced than thermage and has better results. Hope it helps.
All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Eye bags are not age-related can be treated at a younger age, and other non-surgical treatments can be done for early aging

Thank you for the question. You are 30-years-old and didn’t submit a photo, but you describe i you developed some lines around your mouth and forehead, eye bags, are generally concerned about slowing down aging. You have investigated treatments, and are currently using tretinoin or retin-A and ask about other modalities. You mentioned certain thermal energy devices that you’ve been advised are not right for your age, and ask if other devices may assist you with your anti-aging quest.
I can give you some guidance with this question in the absence of a photo, but I think some general rules of thumb apply in facial aging. I’ve been practicing over 20 years in Manhattan and Long Island, and I’m a cosmetic surgeon, Board-certified by the American board of cosmetic surgery. I’m also a Fellowship-trained oculofacial plastic and reconstructive surgeon so I can also talk to you about ways I deal about facial aging related to under eye bags, and other facial aging changes.
When it comes to anti-aging or the slowing of the aging process, I also want to think first holistically about what accelerates aging. Just think about stressors: lack of sleep, poor diet, toxins such as smoking, and excess sunlight. The foundation is to take good care of yourself and your health, and do all those things intentionally good for your body.
Under eye bags are one of the most common problems we deal with in our practice because they transcend age, gender, and ethnicity, so it can occur at very young ages. We’ve operated patients as young as in their teen years, and much older into the 80s and beyond. If the bags in your eyes are persistent and significant, performing a procedure for under eye bags is fairly straightforward, depending on the degree of the under eye bags. For example, if a person has mild under eye bags, I can actually camouflage them with the non-surgical placement of a filler like Restylane, and combine it with a metabolic treatment called platelet-rich plasma (PRP). The idea is platelet-rich plasma (PRP) which is derived from your own blood, which is a concentration of wound healing growth factors released when you have a cut. Basically we separate out the key elements and inject it under the skin to help stimulate collagen, improve discolorations, dark under eye circles, and works in synergy with a filler like Restylane.
If your bags are more significant, then the option of a surgical procedure becomes relevant. For a younger man 30-years-old like yourself, we do something called transconjunctival blepharoplasty. Transconjunctival blepharoplasty means we address the fat packets from the inside, from behind the eyelid without any outside incision or scar. It’s a very popular procedure in our practice we do every week, which has a dramatic effect in the overall appearance. It is fantastic not to have under eye bags.
For other issues, there are ways to be proactive and sometimes it does make sense to do things such as Botox™, or  hyaluronic acid fillers. In general, I think you can be measured and careful about how much you invest into these type of services. Think about doing things holistically, and then a little Botox™, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and the periodic use of injectables, and something good for your skin such as microdermabrasion. In our practice, we use something called Hydrafacial which is a glycolic acid-based method of technology using water to help exfoliate and stimulate the skin.
I think you need to meet with some doctors, and learn about the options so you will figure out what makes sense for you in terms of outcome and budget. I hope that was helpful, I wish you the best of luck and thank you for your question!

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Antiaging Interventions

Hi and thank you for your question!
Sounds like you are doing several, very effective interventions to prevent and slow the aging process. As stated below, without a picture it’s hard to advise. However, when we have patients in our office that are in their late 20's/early 30's, we will often recommend a series of Clear and Brilliant laser treatments for early signs of aging, as well as prevention. Also, we have the Venus Viva fractional radiofrequency treatment, which we might consider for skin resurfacing. I would also suggest adding to that skin care regimen, we would advise you on this. You are likely not ready for an Ultherapy quite yet, unless you have premature laxity. Schedule an appointment with a reputable practice that has multiple devices, as well as experienced injectors. They will be able to advise you most effectively.
Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Juvederm, Botox, and others

Really difficult to say without a photograph as a baseline. At the age of 30, it would be unusual for Ultherapy, most of my patients are in the late 30s, to late 40s, and not 30. Having said that, if you have mild to moderate laxity with good collagen, this maybe suitable. Impossible to recommend without seeing you. Botox and good skin care is preventive. If you are really lean, sure, fillers can make a huge difference. Laser resurfacing at 30 maybe too extreme, Fraxel 1927 if you have had lots of sun damage maybe appropriate. Once again all these options should be tailored for you, and your expectations. All the best, Dr Davin Lim Laser and aesthetic dermatologistBrisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Laser Skin Resurfacing

Thank you for your question. There are many options available to you, including other injectables. Without a picture of you, and because you posted under Laser Skin Resurfacing, I will address the benefits that procedure can provide to you. Laser Skin Resurfacing is available for men and women of all ages and skin types and aims to enhance your skin. While it removes facial wrinkles, deep lines around the nose/mouth/eyes, facial scars and uneven skin pigmentation, the reality is that lines or creases that are a result of facial skin muscles smiling, squinting, taking, blinking are eventually going to come back. The good news, is that this procedure can slow aging. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon for an in-person examination.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fighting the Aging Process

Let's face it, nobody can outrun the effects of aging. However, there are things you can do to help slow down the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and any other facial flaws. Using sunscreen everyday, eating a healthy diet and getting plenty of exercise is a great place to start.

Sometimes, though, these steps may not be enough. That's where treatments such as BOTOX® Cosmetic and laser resurfacing come into play. Together, these treatments can restore a youthful appearance by treating things such as:

-Wrinkles
-Scars
-Acne
-Large pores
-Warts
-Redness

Best of luck! If you have any further questions, be sure to contact your board-certified plastic surgeon.

Michael F. McGuire, MD, FACS (in memoriam)

Facial Maintenance

First of all, you are definitely doing all of the right things to maintain and protect your face.  The key to slowing down the aging process is doing lots of little things to maintain what you have.  All of the little things you mentioned (botox, tretinoin, sunscreen) are spot on.

You show commitment to keeping your face looking youthful, which makes you an ideal patient to me. 

My recommendation is to find a facial plastic surgeon who you trust and have good communication with.  An initial consultation and regular visits to your surgeon is the best thing to do to make sure you continue to do what's best for your face.  We are lucky to have a myriad of products, procedures, and surgeries to address many different types of facial aging.  As we get older, our trouble spots and priorities change.  A surgeon who knows your face as well as you do will be your best ally.  He/she can give you guidance and advice as to what will work best for you.  It's also a lot of fun to have a great doctor-patient relationship that lasts for a long time.

Kyle T. Yamamoto, MD
Reno Facial Plastic Surgeon

Options for rejuvenated skin

Your current regiment is a good start to keeping your skin youthful. Daily sunscreen is a huge part of any antiaging regiment.  I would recommend that you seek consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss potential surgery such as blepharoplasty ( for lower eyelids).  Adding peels, micro-needling,  and fillers may also be an appropriate option based on your consultation.  May of these have little downtime and will help you keep a youthful glow to your skin.  

Jacob Bloom, MD

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

Lasers, peels, microneedling, fillers can be used for improvement.  You need a combination treatment to get the best outcome. I suggest consulting with a board certified dermatologist. Best,  Dr. Emer.

Need photographs

It is impossible to give specific recommendation without seeing your face. It seems like you are on a good path, skin care and sun protection, a healthy life style and stress management are key, and will cost you much less. Fillers can be very useful for treating lines around the mouth. I can not judge the eye area without images, but it is unlikely you need eye surgery at this age. You can try a gentle fractional laser or radiofrequency treatment such as pelleve around the eyes coupled with botox to significantly improve skin quality and thighten the skin around the eyes. Good luck!

Neda Vanden Bosch, MD
West Palm Beach Physician