How do I find the most experienced laser technician for rosacea?

Laser only play a small role in overall management of rosacea- read more.

Rosacea is very complex and a tailored treatment program give the best results. This is because there are many types of rosacea (telengtctatic or capillaries, flushing and redness, acne like rosacea, ocular rosacea and even rhinophyma rosacea. To add to the complexity, everyone has different flare factors- Sunlight, stress, foods, chemical irritants, creams, changes in temperature, alcohol. The list goes on.  A detailed history, together with a treatment tailored according to YOUR type of rosacea will give the best results. As a guide, I use a combination of - 1. Lasers ( to treat redness, broken capillaries, rhinophyma, flushing)- best laser is the V BEAM. IPL can be used, but usually not as effective 2. Creams - anti inflammatory 3. Tablets -anti - inflammatory and sometimes low dose Vitamin A.  4. For females- Mineral make up is recommend, over make up that contains parabens.  For the best results, consult a dermatologist for both medical and laser treatment options.  Kind regards. Dr Davin S. Lim. Laser Dermatologist. Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Lasers

Congrats for trying to make an educated decision. I would encourage you to visit with the physician who is doing the treatments or supervising the treatments.  Find out how long they have been using the actual machine and what their experience is. Ask to see before and after photos.  Ask your friends for recommendations.  We personally have been using the PDL from Candela/Syneron for 10 years.  We understand the best settings to get the best results. I personally have had great success with the treatment. You can visit our website for some more information.  Stay skintastic. 

Sandra M. Johnson, MD
Fort Smith Dermatologist