Bigger axillary lymph nodes after Breast Implants, should I go and get a check up from my doctor or surgeon?

Hi I had 470cc implants February 2014 and never had a problem till now I've noticed pea sized lumpy bits above and to the armpit sides of the implants more my right one than the left does this mean they have leaked or ruptured? When I looked it up online it said it can be the lymph nodes that are swollen should I go to my doctor for a check up or go to my surgeon

Swollen lymph nodes

Swollen lymph nodes can be caused by several different entities. Your plastic surgeon would be better suited to evaluate the status of your breast implants as well as any possible surrounding infectious process that could be causing these lymph nodes to enlarge. Best of luck.

Lymph node check up?

Enlarged lymph nodes are a concern for several conditions and I think it is a good idea to get checked up by a professional. There's no way to know for sure what the cause is online. You can have your regular doctor or your plastic surgeon see you for the lymph node concern. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Breast implants and armpit lumps

It really doesn't matter who will conduct a physical exam, both are capable of making a good diagnosis. 

You did not mention if your implants are saline or silicone.  In the event of deflation, saline implants are immediately apparent because they are only filled with sterile saltwater solution, which are absorbed by the surrounding tissue in no time. 

Silicone implants, meanwhile, may leak "silently" or without symptoms due to their highly cohesive filler.  For this reason, patients who have them require regular MRI exams three years after their implantation and then every two years.

Take note that armpit lumps are commonly caused by harmless fat tissue growth, infection (viral, fungal, or bacterial), reaction to vaccines, and allergies.  Simply put, most of them are harmless.

But sometimes, the lumps are related to some serious health conditions such as blood cancer or lupus.  However, physical exams can determine the consistency and texture of the lumps, allowing the doctor to decide if these are just harmless or if another set of test is required. 

Good luck and best wishes.