Will my breast implants settle in?

I got a breast augmentation 5 days ago, I'm scared because my right implant is a little off to the right, while my left ones in a good spot. Will my right one move over to the left a little when it heals? It also hurts alot more than the left one.

Position of implants

It would be helpful to see photos but in any case you are only just out of surgery and there can be different degrees of swelling from one breast to the other - if in doubt check with your surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Will my breasts settle in

Breasts always settle and soften over several months after a BA.  Swelling can differ after surgery, but shouldn't be severe.  If your breast implant is falling to the side, discuss this with your PS so they can determine if something needs to be done.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Implants Settling in

Always contact your surgeon if you are concerned with post operative healing. Your breasts will be swollen for a few weeks, that is normal. If you feel that one is off to the side contact your doctor and let him/her know.

Best of luck to you.

Implants will Settle In

Always contact your plastic surgeon if you have concerns about post-operative infection, bleeding, swelling, fever, excessive bruising, or any new and sudden changes in the feeling or look of your implants, breasts or incisions.

Revision of #breast implant and lift #cosmeticsurgery may be needed for: asymmetry, continued ptosis, implant malposition as well as all of the other reasons needed for breast implant revision surgery. Asymmetry is always possible as one implant settles into place before the other, but if you have questions or concerns at all, then it is a good idea to see your surgeon to have the area evaluated for proper healing.

One breast healing different than the other

Thank you for your question. You are very early in your post-op recovery and it is normal for your breasts to heal and “settle” at different rates. It can take a few months for everything to take on a more natural look and feel. Please follow-up with your plastic surgeon to address the pain. If you get increased pain, redness or swelling on the more painful side, you should contact your surgeon sooner. Other than that, you appear to be right on track. Be patient and best of luck.

Will my breast implants settle in?

It is a pleasure to answer your question. At 5 days post op you are very early of your recovery from Breast Augmentation. Sometimes you will have one breast that will settle before the other one. It can take anywhere from 4-6 months for your breast to fully heal and drop/settle into their final position. I recommend you to follow up closely with your surgeon to discuss any concerns about the pain you feel. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon