Is Dysport or Botox better?

I was wondering which is the better choice Dysport or Botox? Which one acts quicker and lasts longer?

Botox vs Dysport vs Xeomin

All three of the above products produce excellent results in skilled hands.  The person who injects you is much more important than the actual product that is used.  In my practice, I use a ton of Xeomin, as well as Botox.  In my experience, Xeomin has a faster onset of action compared to Botox.  Xeomin is also a more pure product than Botox.  The overall results between the two are comparable but Xeomin comes at a better price point for my patients.  Competition is a good thing.  Like having both Mercedes and BMW to test drive.  
Dr. Ort

Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox or Dysport

Botox vs Dysport, is a common, but excellent question.

Most people have both products in their office and use them as needed, interchangeably.  I have a select group of patients that cannot use one or the other, because the effect is less than therapeutic.  They both do the same job and work in similar mechanisms of action.

Both last about three months.They are both excellent products.

Jesse E. Smith, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport or Botox

I always liken the comparison of Dysport vs Botox to Kleenex vs Puffs. Kleenex has become so well known that it has morphed into a synonym for tissue. The same goes for Botox. Kleenex and Botox are both household names however, lots prefer Puffs and lots prefer Dysport. Dysport and Botox are both neuromodulators and therefore have the same mechanism of action – they act at the same rate and last for the same period of time. Expert injectors (Board Certified Dermatologists or Board Certified Plastic Surgeons) know that certain neuromodulators are better suited for certain areas – one size does not fit all.

Botox versus Dysport

Thank you for your question paddy9238. Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin are purified proteins used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. Xeomin seems to have the fastest onset. In our office we use Botox because it has been studied the longest, patients like it best, and because the manufacturer (Allergan) provides the Brillian Distinctions Program, a rewards program where patients earn points for treatments and can use them for discounts on subsequent treatments. Many offices use Dysport, Xeomin, or a combination. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox Versus Dysport

Botox and Dysport are both excellent FDA approved neuromodulators, which work by temporarily weakening the muscles. This effect lasts about 3-4 months. Some patients feel they get better results with Botox and others with Dysport. This should be done in the hands of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist with expertise. 

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Which is the best neuromodulator?

Thank you for asking your good question. Botox, Dysport and Xeomin are basically equivalent products. Just from my personal experience, it seems that Xeomin does not have as long lasting effect as the other two products. The most important factor is the skill and experience of the injector.
Good luck,

Is Dysport or Botox better?

Thank you for your question. Dysport tends to be faster acting in comparison to Botox. The injector will have a preference between products. Find and skilled injector and speak to them regarding which product they use and why. 

Hope this helped, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox versus Xeomin Versus Dysport

They all do well in my hands and i think are equally effective. I suggest you see an expert and trust their techniques.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox vs Dysport vs Xeomin

All three of these neuromodulators are well studied and have the same active ingredient.  While they are formulated differently and while each company may have a different spin on their onset of action and longevity, I have experience with all three for many years and find them equally effective.  Some patients wish to try a different brand if they are wondering about results and/or longevity and may have a brand preference which is fine.  The results of a treatment are solely due to the injector's experience.  You could choose any one of these brands and be happy.  It is the injector that makes the difference.

Mark Lupin, MD
Victoria Dermatologic Surgeon

Dysport or Botox

Hi there, this is a common question: botox vs dysport, which one is best? what are the differences?

I have both products and I use them interchangeably  or by patient preference. They are both botulinum toxin type A.  Botox and dysport have become brand names. As a comparison I often tell my patients It is a little like choosing between coke or pepsi. No study has shown definitive differences.

Botox was FDA approved in 2002 and dysport in 2009. By being approved earlier, Botox cornered a lot of the market. There is even a newer product, xeomin.  There are differences in the molecules. The molecule for Botox is bigger than the molecule for dysport.

We thought the size difference meant that dysport would start acting sooner (because it was smaller it would hit its target faster), but no study has been able to confirm this.

Hope this is helpful in making a decision!

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon