Risk of infection after swimming in ocean? (photos)

I had a breast arg. + lift 4 weeks ago and today i swam in salt water at the Beach for at least 20 minuttes and now I am terribly worried I will get an Infection My scars were pretty much fully closed except for at few places where there were still some crust left. I rinsed off with water at the Beach and took a shower with soap at home, I dont know what else to do, what to look for or how long it will take to see the signs of infection? i further irritated the scars by removing micropore tape

Risk of infection after swimming in ocean?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Mastopexy implant scars

After 4 weeks salty water is very unlikely to cause a problem. You may well need to use rehydrating cream to help moisturise the scars and I would check with your PS. I would not be worried and looks fine from the photos.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

You are very unlikely to get an infection from saltwater exposure after only a few hours.  I would suggest getting in contact with your plastic surgeon's office who can examine you and provide specific instructions for swimming, etc.

Michel C. Samson, MD
Daytona Beach Plastic Surgeon

I always tell my patients when they can go swimming in the lake or beach so they won't have to guess. I would suggest asking to be seen by your surgeon and let him/her check your incisions. It is best to stay out of water until the wounds are completely sealed and dry.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon