I am concerned that my nose is still crooked post Septorhinoplasty. Can you tell after 3 weeks the outcome? (photos)

I had septorhinoplasty done 3 weeks ago. Initially after the cast was removed it looked straight although swollen. Now I am concerned it is still crooked. Does it look like it will be ok or is it going to be crooked still? I have included a before pic and what it looks like today 3 and a half weeks later

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Crooked nose after rhinoplasty

3 weeks after rhinoplasty is still too early to determine if you are happy with the final result. Although the majority of swelling after rhinoplasty is resolved by about 1month, you should really wait at least 3-6 months for the final result because a lot changes from now til then.  Following nasal cast removal, however, the nose should be straight. But any other judgments about your nasal appearance takes time, especially the nasal tip and bridge. Although your nose does appear slightly crooked in the 3 week postoperative photo, these are not the best quality photos. A proper physical exam is necessary to determine if your nose is still twisted, and the cause for the persistent nasal deviation (i.e nasal bones, septum, etc). I recommend you discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon or a facial plastic surgeon.

Sahar Nadimi, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon