Candidate for Upper Lip Lift?

I have no upper lip. I want to increase the size of my upper lip while decreasing the distance between my nose and my upper lip. Would a Lip Lift be a good option for me?

Lip lift candidate

It appears you are the ideal patient for a lip lift. You have a long philtrum and a thin upper lip. You will also benefit from removing skin from the sides of your nostrils to elevate the corners of your mouth up. This maneuver can be tricky and must be executed with expertise. An added benefit to a corner lift is that the nasal labial folds (the troublesome () lines on your cheeks) can also be improved. It is important that your surgeon does not remove too much skin as this can be disastrous. Remember, you can always take more skin, but you can never put it back. 

Best wishes and kind regards, 

Lip lift candidate

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Best wishes and kind regards, 

Candidate for Upper Lip Lift?

Thank you for your question. The Lip Lift procedure is performed to accentuate the size and/or shape of the upper lip by removing skin from the region underneath the nose. As the distance is decreased between the nose and the lip, the red lip is 'lifted'. In appropriate individuals, shortening this distance may impart or restore a more favorable balance to lips and face. To further increase the size of the upper lip beyond what is accomplished with a Lip Lift, a volumizing treatment may be used as well.

James M. Pearson, MD

Candidate for Upper Lip Lift?

James M. Pearson, MD

Lip lift: bull's horn, gull wing, corner lift? Lots of options but all involve scar. Is it worth it?

This camera view can be distorting and so it is hard to tell but you do appear to have a long upper lip.

It is important to have a dental evaluation because maxillo-facial conditions can contribute to this appearance.

Lip lifts vary and can use the bull's horn (immediately beneath the nose) or gull wing incisions (immediately above the lipstick line). The former may require a corner lift to avoid excessive lifting of the central potions of the lip. I generally prefer the former because it tends to leave a less noticeable scar. However, you must be willing to accept a visible scar if you proceed with the surgery. This is not a popular procedure for this reason.

Am I a candidate for an upper lip lift?

Many thanks for posting your question.

Whilst it is always hard to fully evaluate a lip lift candidate from a single photograph, it does appear that you have a long distance between nose and mouth, as well as a think pink lip. On this basis, you would be an excellent candidate for an upper lip lift. This will rebalance your lower facial proportions in a positive way.

I hope this helps

Am I a candidate for an upper lip lift?

Many thanks for posting your question.

I hope this helps

Subnasal lip lift has many benefits for the right individual.

An upper lip lift (aka subnasal lip lift) can yield unique benefits for someone with a long distance between the bottom of the nose and the upper lip (>1.5cm) and no dental show. The procedure removes skin & raises the lip towards the nose. This not only shortens the lip, but can reveal the upper teeth, and slightly augments the upper lip size, all producing a more youthful and attractive look.

The only caution is the scar is placed in a location that is difficult if not impossible to hide during the healing process. Eventually, however, it looks quite hidden and virtually invisible- so you'll probably need about 3 months to really "get there". It is worth saying the  results of a lip lift cannot be replicated by injectables or other procedures. In 15 years of doing them, I've found it to be a wonderful procedure for the right patients. 

If if you think you are a candidate, seek out a surgeon in your area who specializes in doing them- and have an honest discussion about the pros & cons. Good luck!

Upper Lip Lift Candidacy

Dear alh76,

Candidates for lip augmentation include: thin lips, wrinkled lips due to aging or smoking, asymmetrical lips or those in need of lip reconstruction.

A direct lip lift surgery removes  tissue directly from above the upper lip line border. The end result is a slightly raised effect.

A Subnasal Lip Lift is arguably the most popular method of lip lift surgery.This procedure is performed by removing a bit of skin tissue from underneath the nose.When the incision is closed, the removed tissue creates a slight lift in the upper lip.

The corner lip lift can help create a more uniform lip line post procedure. The corner lip lift uses tiny incisions above the outer corners of the mouth to subtly raise and even the overall mouth contour. This can prevent lip lift patients from winding up with a slightly downturned lip line.

Sincerely,

Ross A. Clevens, MD, FACS

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper Lip Lift Candidacy

Dear alh76,

Sincerely,

Ross A. Clevens, MD, FACS

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip lift procedures in Los Angeles

A long upper lip may benefit from non surgical and surgical treatments to improve lip contour and aesthetics. These treatments range from lip volume enhancement to lip lift surgery. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 

Lip lift procedures in Los Angeles

Dr. Karamanoukian 

Candidate for Upper Lip Lift?

Probably yes, upper lip lift, if well planned and performed, would produce a nice result.  Your question was asked four years ago... Did you do it?  If so, how are the results?

Candidate for Upper Lip Lift?

Lip lift options

I do a good number of lip lifts due to post-rhinoplasty lengthening of the upper lip.  I find the sub-nasal bull horn scar to be the best incision when skin excision is needed.  The gull wing scar is not favorable and I tend to stay away from that incision.

Lip lift options

Upper Lip Lift

Regarding ; "I have no upper lip. I want to increase the size of my upper lip while decreasing the distance between my nose and my upper lip

It would take more than a single photograph with the lips at rest to definitively advise you if you are a good candidate for a Lip Lift. The operation works best in women who have a long upper lip (as you do) but who on smiling show little to no "white' ( IE no incisor show). If you fall into this category, you may benefit from a lip lift with the scar placed in the shadow of the lip-nose junction. The Upper lip volume could be increased with Restylane or Juvederm.

Upper Lip Lift