Candidate for Breast Lift W/o Implants? (photo)

I am having a a mommy makeover and I don't want implants, I am wondering based on my pictures attached if I am a candidate for a breast lift w/o implants? I love the size of my breasts in and out of a bra except the sagging after two kids and weightloss.

Candidate for Breast Lift Alone

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are conditions which increase breast ptosis.The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring. Based on the information provided it would be possibly, but discuss your desired results with your PS and the best breast lift procedure to achieve those results.

Lift eliminates the need for implants

You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  This technique will also correct the asymmetry you have (your right breast is larger than the left).  Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall will increase your anterior projection and make you look larger without an implant.  Since you are satisfied with your size, you do not need implants.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for breast lift?

Candidates for breast lift usually have sagging of the breast, where the nipple is at or close to the bottom of the breast. Based on your photographs, I can not tell. You would need to be examined and discuss  your desired shape and size and then explore the different options. Options may include a breast lift, fat grafting or breast augmentation with implants.

Sheila Bond, MD
Montclair Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Breast Lift W/o Implants?

I am not sure that a lift would give enough benefit as a trade off for the scars from the incisions, but this kind of decision would best be made in the office. 

The sagging I see look more like volume loss, and most patients would receive a recommendation for breast implants. Since that is not in the cards for you, you might want to consider fat grafting as an alternative to a breast lift. At any rate, you would be well served to schedule a consultation so that you could review all the alternatives and then make your decision.

All the best. 

Breast lift

According to your pictures, you do not need a lift. In my past, I have suggested to patients not to have surgery if they are against an implant. In modern times, you can have a fat fill to the breasts with reasonable results. All the best

Lift

you dont need a lift. if you dont want the scars or implants then fat grafting may be the right procedure for you

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

May not be worth it...

I know this is probably not what you are wanting to hear but I'm not sure I would even do the lift!!! Your nipple is above the lower breast fold on both sides, (even tho your breast is lower on one side than the other) and if you are happy with the size, I think you look pretty good overall...The bit of lift you need may not be worth the scarring.

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Breast Lift W/o Implants?

A circumareolar lift may be appropriate but will give a small benefit.  If you do not want implants, you may want to consider leaving your breasts alone.  I certainly would not offer a full breast lift, because that would be too high a scar burden with little cosmetic benefit.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast Lift?

Thanks for the photos.  An examination will give you the most accurate answer.  Based on your picture I would not recommend a breast lift at all. 

Dr. ES

Breast Lift Without Implants

Based on your two photos you would be a good candidate for a breast lift without implants.  This procedure would elevate the position your nipple and areola by removing some of the excess surrounding skin.  Patients that have a lift alone sometimes point out that there breasts appear slightly smaller.  The advantage of adding an implant is that it can make the breast look somewhat more youthful since it adds upper pole fullness and projection however this can be done at a later date if you decide you are unhappy with the lift alone.  Good luck! 

Mark Schwartz, MD