I got under eye filler yesterday. One eye I am finding to look puffy and bruised. Is this normal? Will it go away? (Photo)

Will the puffy eye bag go down, or will I have to get the solution dissolved?

Belotero Undereye Injection

It is too early to determine if this filler or swelling one day after procedure. Bruising and swelling is common after injections. The under eye are is very delicate. I recommend waiting 2 weeks for all bruising and swelling to subside to see your final results. If you have any concerns about your treatment please contact your treating physician.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Early days, Ice, wait a 10 days. - Belotero fillers

Very early days to make a decision. You can ice for the next day or so, 5-10 min on per hour. Swelling is common. A decision can be made at the 10 day mark. Volbella and Belotero are one of the best fillers in this location, however placement must be accurate. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Belotero undereye injection

Bruising and swelling are common after filler injection to the delicate undereye area. At one day post procedure, it is too soon to tell if it is the filler or swelling resulting in the puffiness. I would wait 7-14 days for any bruising and swelling to resolve and then follow with your injector if you still have concerns about the results. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Filler under eyes and Bruising and Swelling

These are typical reactions to fillers in the delicate area under the eye.  It generally takes a week or more to resolve. Best, Dr. Green

I got under eye filler yesterday. One eye I am finding to look puffy and bruised. Is this normal? Will it go away?

Hello, and thanks for your question. Post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. If you are not pleased with your final result, the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon.  Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Inferior eyelid swelling

1 day after the procedure is just too early to tell if the swelling is from the filler itself being done poorly, or just a result of injection technique and local tissue trauma.  It doesn't hurt to apply cool compresses, elevation to help with the swelling, but I'd recommend giving it at least 1 week before going back in and considering hyaluronidase injection to dissolve the filler.  If you try to manipulate or massage it you need to be really careful so as not to displace the filler itself.  In my experience the vast majority of patient responses like yours resolve on their own.

Douglas K. Henstrom, MD
Iowa City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Puffy eye

Thanks for your question.  It is simply too early to know if the "puffiness" represents filler or swelling related to the procedure.  Either a needle or a cannula can produce swelling and bruising, and the body's response to the trauma of injection can take some time to resolve.  I would recommend head elevation, gentle massage, cool compresses, and patience.  It is my practice to see all of my injectable patients back in one to two weeks to assess their results, and if you have concerns, I would suggest making a follow up appointment with your physician.  Best of luck!

Larry Lickstein, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon