Hard lumps under eye 6 weeks post voluma to cheeks. Should I gently massage?

I had voluma injected into my cheek area to reconstruct damage caused from Kenacort injections for a sterile abscess 3 years ago. I had a terrible immune response and after 6 weeks of antibiotics/oral steroids I still have obvious hard lumps under my eye area. I am going to have the voluma dissolved in 3 weeks time. . . But is there any relief recommended for the interim? Gentle massage? Help. . I feel awful. .

Lump after filler

I would return to your practitioner to discuss your options for the areas that you don't like after waiting a couple weeks for swelling to resolve... this includes hyaluronidase to reverse the filler.

My best,
Dr. Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Hard lumps from Voluma

Voluma is a great product but I do not inject it in the eye area since it is so thick and can swell.  If you have nodules I would recommend waiting to see if they resolve or Vitrase injected to dissolve them.  Best, Dr. Green