Swelling or uneven? (Photos)

Hello, I'm 4 days short of being 1 month post op arm lift. I have had compression sleeves on 24/7 since. My right arm has felt bigger since the first day. I am happy with my results but can't help but wonder if the hanging fullness is "fullness" or swelling. If it's fullness do you think the amount of skin can be toned by exercising.... After recovery of course.

Armlift - brachioplasty

thank you for posting your pictures. 4 weeks postop is still early and it is difficult to judge. Some of the differences you noted can still be related to postop swelling. I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon. But even if a revision is considered it would be to early. After 1 year the healing process is completed, and you will be able to assess the final result.

I hope this helped a little.

Frankfurt Plastic Surgeon

Armlift Asymmetry

One month post-op, having looked at your photos, it's possible that there is a permanent asymmetry. However, swelling can persist asymmetrically for months, so I would recommend waiting at least six months. Your body may resolve this during the coming months. Also, if a revision is needed, it is most safe and predictable after one year has passed.

Bryan C. McIntosh, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Uneven or swelling.

At 4 weeks out, I would suspect swelling as a contributing factor for the asymmetry. However, not two arms are ever exactly alike. Be sure to discuss these concerns with your plastic surgeon next time. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Swelling and uneven appearance after arm lift surgery

Swelling is normal after arm lift surgery. One side can swell more than another so it is too early to make final judgements about potential asymmetries. Wait a year and then you can really see how you have healed. Good luck!