No strap technique but I feel they didn't drop properly. Do they look awful and have I ruined my body? (Photo)

I did get 350cc HP implants, but I didn't realize my implants would be practically in my throat. The have dropped a tiny bit since the surgery a year and a half ago but they look incredibly fake. I am just wondering if it is just my body type or possibly too big of implants? Or because my surgeon doesn't use that band or strap during recovery for them to drop. I am feeling so uncomfortable with how damn high they are and it makes me sad I wrecked my body. Pls don't be too harsh :(

Defining the beautiful breast

With clothes on, it's hard to tell if this is a good result or not.  The beauty of the breast relates to the nipple position.  Studies have shown that the ideal proportions of  the breast would be 55% below the nipples and 45% above the nipples on front view.  If you re-submit with topless photos, we could give you better advice.  If you're not pleased with the implants being too high, that can be fixed.  After a year and a half, it's unlikely that aggressive massaging or laying on them will allow them to drop, but it wouldn't hurt to try.  Ask your surgeon for details.  If that doesn't work, then you can have some (or all) of the scar tissue capsule your body has formed around the implant removed.  Hope it goes well!

Unhappy with Results of Breast Augmentation

In addition to what has already been mentioned, you might also consider changing from a high profile implant to a moderate or low profile. These will look less full on the top and have a gentler slope to the upper breast.

No strap technique but I feel they didn't drop properly. Do they look awful and have I ruined my body?

So many issues you have presented plus you having an issue. Why did you wait a year and a half?? The very limited posted views are appearing to me acceptable. A full frontal and side view nude is needed + before photos to compare. See your surgeon to discuss options if any for you now... Good Luck..   

Implants are too high?

Thank you for your question. If you are unhappy with the results, schedule a follow up with your surgeon to discuss options to correct.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast augmentation results

It is difficult to assess the implants with clothes on. Best to be seen in person.  If you feel they are too high and they look like that in person during exam. Consideration for smaller implants might be a reasonable option. Best of luck.

Based on the photos you have submitted the implants do not appear to be too high. A full breast view would allow for a more complete evaluation. If the implants are too much for you, they can be down sized and this will help change the shape and appearance. Have you spoken with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon? I am certain he / she will be happy to help you. Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

Determining the correct implant size is very important

It's unfortunate you don't feel comfortable with the results of your surgery.  Based on the pictures it doesn't appear that anything is wrong, it apparently just isn't the look you wanted.  Patients with a thin build can have a fake look with high profile implants.  With my patients I sometimes hear from them that they want a natural look but then they select a size that will clearly not look natural but full and round.  That is when I have to set their expectations realistically.  Bigger implants tend to look more fake.  Patients just have to weigh their options and make a decision that they are comfortable with.  There is simply no way to give a slim patient a natural look with large implants.  It just doesn't work.  The good news is that changing to a smaller, lower profile size is likely all that is necessary when someone feels their implants are too big.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Best of luck.

Jason E. Leedy, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Long-Term Breast Augmentation Results

Your pictures are very limiting in fulling judging your breast augmentation results. But in what you have shown, your breast augmentation result looks quite acceptable and is certainly neither 'awful' nor has 'ruined your body'. You may have some more upper pole fullness that maybe you expected but your stated feeling about the result seems a bit disconnected from anything that is seen in the pictures. You would have to submit exposed breasts to provide any more insight.

Post op

you have not ruined your body. most anything can be changed. however the pictures you show do not show the deformity that you describe.  as my colleagues below state you need to post nude pictures so we can see where the implant lies compared to your natural breast

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

You have not ruined your body

The implants do not look as though they are sitting too high although it is diffiecult to tell with you clothing on.  Are the breasts soft?  If yes, then you do not have encapsulation that is holding the implants too high.  High profile implants do project more and are fuller and rounder at the top of the breasts.  Are you happy with your breast size?  You may want to consider changing to an anatomical, or shaped implant to maintain your volume but provide less fullness on the upper pole of your breasts.

Marisa Lawrence, MD