Are stomach cramps normal?

I am 1 day post op and I just feel like I have really bad stomach cramps - almost like period cramps... Is this normal - is this what I should be feeling? Thank you

Cramps after a Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. Typically we don't see this at our office 1 day post op, so it could be related to other factors following your surgery. I would recommend you to be evaluated by your plastic surgeon immediately. 

Best of luck in your recovery!

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question. stomach upset and intestine discomfort are very normal in the first days post op. Your surgeon normally gives you some medication to limit this discomfort and also your food regimen is important to get the bowel movement going again. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD