When can I start buying new bras?

I had my breast augmentation done August 2nd, 350cc on each side (had AA before), textured Mentor implants, sub-pec, inframammary incision. Thank you.

When to buy a bra after Breast Augmentation

Congratulations on your recent surgery.  Many patients are very excited to purchase their first new bigger bra after surgery.  The right time is different for every patient.  Your plastic surgeon is your best resource in answering this question.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon

When to buy a new bra?

Thanks for your question. I prefer that patients wait 2 months before investing in a new bra size. Some doctors will do sooner while others may even prefer 3 months. Since healing rates vary from patient to patient, the time to purchase a bra may also depend on how well you heal. Learn more about breast sugmentation recovery at the link below. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Bra Shopping

I would recommend waiting at least 6 weeks after surgery before spending a lot of money on bras.  Your breast will continue to settle and change for several weeks.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

When can I start buying new bras?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. I would suggest that you wait at least 3 before going bra shopping for expensive bras (your breasts will change significantly over the course of the first few months).

Until then, follow your plastic surgeon's instructions; in our practice, we encourage patients to use soft,  non-underwire bras  after the surgical bra is removed one month post op.  You will find, that as you are getting “fitted” for bras, that the bra cup sizes may vary from one shop (or manufacturer) to another. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with long-term.