I have a large dark spot on my face, is there a way to have it removed safely? (photo)

I have a large dark spot and now another one growing next to it on my face. My doctor assures me it is nothing to worry about health wise .But, it is really effecting my self confidence. Is there a way to have it removed safely?

Laser treatment, but pre treat and post treat your skin

Lasers can help. Depending on your skin type, I would pre and post treat your skin with bleaching agents. This can reduce the chances of skin colour changes. See a Specialist in your area. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Confidence Boosting Treatments--Peels, Lightening creams, Lasers

I would suggest a formal consultation with cosmetic dermatologist.  Melasma comes in many forms and would need to be evaluated and a long-term treatment plan established  which includes a combination of peels, skin lightening creams and lasers.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.