Are there options to slim nose besides another rhinosplasty?

I had a rhinoplasty 3 years ago to fix a hump on the bridge of my nose and a deviated septum. Post surgery my nose is permanently thicker. It used to have a defined front profile and now it is basically the same thickness all the way down with little definition. It has been very difficult for me to accept my new appearance. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to slim my nose besides surgery. Considering my results, I do not want to risk having another surgery.

Revision rhinoplasty procedure to narrow a wide nose

A full set of photographs and an in-person examination is usually required to make a determination about a very difficult revision rhinoplasty procedure. The thickness of the skin may not allow complete refinement on the sidewalls of the nose. For many  before and after results of narrowing a wide nose, please see the video and the link below

Nose revision

jge6, without an exam or at least adequate photos one can only guess what can or should be done. See an experienced surgeon that does "only faces" and has great photos. Search the web and see the video. good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello Jge6 - Thanks for your question. To avoid more surgery, you may want to try nonsurgical rhinoplasty with injectable filler to elevate and narrow your dorsum to give it a sharper look. It may work well in your situation. Depending on the filler used, the results may late 1-2 years. Another option would be to place a slim silicone dorsal implant in to achieve the same results, but have them be permanent. However, this is a minor surgery. Consult with a specialist in injectable filler with a good amount of experience in nonsurgical rhinoplasty for more help. Good luck, Dr. Shah 

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon