Can my nose be changed by making it smaller and with a slight slope? (Photo)

I would like to change the shape of my nose. I want it smaller In size, and more of a slope to my nose bridge. I have attached my nose and also a picture of what I am looking for. Is it possible to shape my nose based on its structure into what I am looking for?

Should be possible. Couple of caveats, though. See the morph I made.

Click on the "Web reference" link, just below my response, or go here:

FacialSurgery.com/RealSelf/RealSelf_psko.html

I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands. One of the main changes was to bring the tip of your nose back closer to your face. But then, the bridge of the nose must be brought closer, too, including the very top of the bridge, just underneath your eyebrows. If that area isn't addressed, the result will be a problem.

The model's nose you posted has a short nose, with a small slope, and it's not very projecting away from her face. Looking at my morph now, maybe the model has more of a slope. You get to decide how much of a slope you want; maybe I didn't carve down the bridge quite enough.

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. But remember, you're not hiring him for his skills with the computer. The doctor must then show you his before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can my nose be changed by making it smaller and with a slight slope?

In short, based on your photos and you wish pic- in the right hands your result should very closely approximate your goals. You have the makings with your current structure to achieve your best looking nose. It is essential that you select the best possible Surgeon and share with that person your goals and desires. Th best opportunity to achieve your goal will be the first operation hopefully the only one. I also would encourage you to choose a Surgeon who will perform this operation through the closed technique. In my opinion- you absolutely do not need a scar across your columella.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Obtaining the nose you have always dreamed of

The photos of your nose and the photos of your ideal nose are very helpful.  I feel that you have a nose that can certainly be changed to appear more slender, well defined, sloped, and feminine.  I also see that your skin thickness and likely your cartilage and nasal bones are thicker and less delicate than what you would likely find in the model's nose that you have included as your ideal nose.  I feel that with the right surgeon you can have a wonderfully beautiful "best" nose for you, and I would caution you that it will unlikely be as dainty as the nose on the model you have included. 

Philip S. Schoenfeld, MD, FACS
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is near impossible to replicate somebody else’s nose because we all have different anatomy’s but you would definitely benefit from nasal refinement. I believe you may benefit from a hump reduction and tip rhinoplasty. A hump can be removed by cutting out the extra cartilage along with filing of the bone to smooth out the bump. A tip rhinoplasty includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

What to expect from rhinoplasty surgery

Hi, 

I think your request is realistic considering your pics and your wish pic. Choose a surgeon whose rhinoplasty gallery you find acceptable. Best wishes, 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question and photos and the simple answer is YES!  So go on some complimentary consultations with experts in the area who will take your photo digitally to show you what is and what is not possible with your nose, look at photos of similar patients, compare fees and techniques and find your surgeon

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty , some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Refinement of nose

Refinement of your nose is possible but the nose you posted is likely a bit unrealistic. You appear to have thick tissues which may limit some of the refinement.  Best of luck.

From the limited photographs, it appears that there is dorsal hump which is composed of both bone and cartilage. Shaving the dorsal hump down can accomplish decreasing the overall projection of the nose, making it smaller, and creating more of a slope along the bridge line. Osteotomies will be required to narrow the bridge line from the frontal profile. For more information and many examples of noses similar to your own, please see the video and the link blow-r