I've done the Miradry procedure for armpit odor. Nothing has changed. Procedure done on levels 4 and 5. What can I do?

I did the Miradry procedure 2 weeks ago and my armpits still smell. I'm red ally bummed about this... I wear deodorant but by the end of the day I still smell bad and I have to throw away shirts after a few wears... Is there an anti bacterial cream I can use at night or during the day that can help? I'm so frustrated! I've heard it might be my PH...

Miradry options in Los Angeles

I have co-authored a book on the subject of Miradry and would consider a tailored procedure using Level 5 of Miradry. This may help in addition to LHR. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Miradry for Odor

Hi and thank you for your question!

Its always best to first follow up with your physician or the provider who performed the procedure with your questions and concerns. There are some people who need the two treatments for odor control and sometimes the third. We treat all of our patients at level 5, so this is an ideal setting, unless per your doctor there is some reason why you are not a candidate for level 5.

I had the procedure done and am so happy I did. I no longer need deodorant! Life changing!

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

MiraDry for Odor

@couragecan Thank you for your question, and I'm so sorry for your frustration.

MiraDry is primarily for elimination of the sweat glands that cause hyperhidrosis. As the odor glands reside within mm of these, they are subsequently effected. It is fairly common to still experience odor for 6-8 weeks post treatment. I would consider having Laser Hair Removal done in addition.

Hang in there, and be well.

#odorandmiradry   #sweatsmell    #miradry

Odor after miraDry

Most of our Newport Beach miraDry® patients experience minimal downtime and return to their regular activities immediate following their treatment. You may experience some swelling, minor bruising and tenderness of the underarms, which should subside within a couple of weeks. 
My sweat diminished over 4-8 weeks and odor changed and stopped over 6-10  weeks
Give this some time

MiraDry for excessive odor (bromhidrosis) in Williamsville, NY -

We are a Platinum Level Provider for miraDry.

You will need a 2nd miraDry procedure, a thorough one, using Level 5 by an experienced miraDry provider.

Read the miraDry book written by myself and Dr. Raffy Karamanoukian (Kare Plastic Surgery, Santa Monica, CA). 

Best
Dr Karamanoukian
Center for Excessive Surgery

Second treatment

I would re-treat you at level 5 the whole time with tumescent protocol.  We are the busiest miradry practice in California and have great results. Let us know if we can help you!

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Axillary shaving

Thank you for your question.  I would wait another few weeks and possibly consider a second treatment at level 5.  If there is some improvement but symptoms still persist, then a third treatment may be needed.  Ultimately, if you want to get rid of the swelling in a more definitive manner, then you can consider axillary shaving to surgically remove the undersurface of the axillary skin.  This permanently removes a significant portion of the axillary sweat and odor glands.