Is it okay to get laser lipo in my abdomen and then the next week get a breast augmentation?

these two procedures will be done in two different cities by two different doctors.

Two seperate procedures

I would say both of your treating physicians need to know about plans for treatment by the other one before you consider different treatments so close together.  Confide your interest for treatment with both of them and if necessary they can speak with each other on the telephone.

Lipo with a Breast Aug

Thank you for your question. I would recommend getting both procedures done together. You would have a quicker recovery time and probably save a little more money this way. Best of luck!Dhaval M. Patel Double board certified Plastic surgeon Hoffman Estates Barrington Oakbrook Chicago

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Together, not separate

These operations should be performed together, not separated by one week.  The suggestion by the surgeons is suspect.

Greetings Thank you for your question, it will be advisable to wait 3 to 6 months before the next operation or you can have both operations performed the sametime at once.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

2 procedures

yes, it is OK to get these two procedures that close together. you will need to heal from both of these and it may take some time.

2 surgeries

Thank you for your question.  In our practice we require patients to have between 3-6 months to have another surgery, all this to avoid complications.I hope my answer will help you to your question.

Before undergoing any surgical procedure, please seek a board certified plastic surgeon

Jairo Ulerio, MD

Multiple procedures

Thank you for your question.  In our practice we advise patients to wait approximately 3 months after surgery before they schedule another procedure.
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

2 surgeries

I usually wait 3-6 months between surgeries.  I want you to totally heal and be happy with me or the other surgeon before embarking on something else

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Time between cosmetic surgeries

There is no good reason the have these two procedures done separately.  Make sure you are going to a board certified plastic surgeon for both procedures.  Don't get caught up in the marketing aspect of different modalities for liposuction.  A good plastic surgeon can do good liposuction with the system he/she is most comfortable with using.  Remember you are buying the expertise of the surgeon, not a brand name of a liposuction company.I would reconsider your plans.

Time between surgeries

Hello,  thank you for your question.  No,  it's not logical to have to procedures done with one week of difference.  The reason is because you'll have to recive two different anesthesia in a short period of time.   Consider that all drugs used during surgery are metabolized by the liver.  Have a great day.  Hope this helps. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD