What do you think of Kybella treatment for under the skin?

Hello what do you think of kybella treatment for under the skin. would it have an impact on having a facelift later in life by having no fat to lift?

Kybella for Under The Skin

Kybella is the first injectable approved by the FDA for treatment of submental fat or fullness, also known as a double chin.Newly approved in 2015, Kybella has thus far seen very exciting results, and promises to be an extremely popular, highly effectiveform of facial rejuvenation.Kybella targets localized pockets of excess fat underneath the chin.It will not treat loose, sagging skin, so patients seeking tighter, firmer skin in the neck and chin will need to investigate a different treatment such as Ultherapy, Venus, or Thermi.Most patients require 3-4 injectable treatments about a month apart for optimal results.

Palm Springs Plastic Surgeon

Kybella Treatment for under the skin

Approved by the FDA in 2015, Kybella is the first—and only—FDA-approved injectable treatment targeting the double chin (also known as submental fat or fullness). Initial results have been very exciting, and Kybella promises to be a very popular, highly effective—if very specific—facial rejuvenation procedure. Kybella is designed to treat localized pockets of excess fat underneath the chin. It does not address loose, sagging skin, so some patients may require supplementary, skin-tightening procedures in addition to Kybella injections. Most patients require 3-4 injectable treatments, spaced about a month apart, for optimal results.

Gary Motykie, MD

Kybella and Facelift

Kybella is a fabulous product to reduce the submental fat known as the "double chin".  The injections also tighten up the treated area by as much as 25% in the lower face.  It would only have a good impact on postponing surgery and not interfere with future surgeries.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella is a great option for submental fat (double chin)

Kybella is a great option for the treatment of submental fat (double chin).  As a trainer for this product, I have treated many patients and they have all seen nice results.  Some have even experienced skin tightening.  I am not sure if it could affect surgery later on.  Time will tell.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Oustanding Kybella Results

Kybella provides outstanding results. I have been so impressed with the results of Kybella that I have received the treatment on my neck region - see the attached video.

Kybella, also known as ATX-101, is the first and only FDA-approved injectable drug that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness due to submental fat. It is indicated for improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe convexity or fullness associated with submental fat in adults. The injection is administered by injections into the fat under the chin and each in-office treatment session lasts 15 to 20 minutes.

I suggest you consult a board certified facial plastic surgeon to receive the highest quality knowledge, treatment, care and skill available. A consultation provides you the opportunity to relay your concerns and desired outcome to the surgeon while the surgeon can assess your health profile and discuss his/her pertinent advice.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella Treatments

Excellent question! Kybella is a new product that has recently been FDA approved to dissolve submental fat under the chin. It usually takes 3-4 treatments to see optimal results and can be extremely effective. While Kybella has been proven to reduce fat, it does not offer the same lifting and tightening that a facelift or necklift does. Although Kybella is effective non-invasive treatment for eliminating a “double chin”, it does not stop or alter your body’s natural aging process. Your face and neck will still age normally, and it should not have any bearing on you being a good candidate for a face or necklift in the future. Kybella provides patients with another non-surgical option for facial revuvenation. I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified physician to determine if Kybella is the right treatment for you.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Kybella under the skin

Kybella should not impact dramatically your ability to have a face/neck lift in the future should the need arise.  You may have some more scar tissue in the area but still manageable surgically.

Kybella Treatment

Thank you for your question. Kybella has been recently FDA-approved for the treatment of submental fullness and is the only non-invasive treatment for the reduction of “double chins”. Kybella will permanently destroy fat cells in the targeted area as well as offering limited skin tightening to the treated area administered by a series of injections. Other benefits include:

Minimally invasive
No downtime
Better appearance, youthful look
No surgery
No general anesthesia
Very rare and minimal side effects (typically bruising, pain, and redness at the injection points)

I suggest consulting with a qualified physician for a full consultation.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Kybella for Under The Skin

Kybella is the first FDA-approved injectable treatment for individuals who are concerned about a double chin, also known as submental fullness.This revolutionary new procedure is specifically designed to target localized fatty deposits underneath the skin in the chin area.Although only approved this year, results thus far have proven very exciting, and this promises to be a highly popular, highly successful rejuvenation treatment.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Kybella for Under The Skin

Kybella is a new injectable treatment designed to target localized fat deposits under the skin, for the elimination of the so-called “double chin”. In technical terminology, it is used to target submental fat deposits underneath the chin. For optimal results, most patients will require 3-4 injections spaced about a month apart.

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon