Infection post op upper eyelid lift? (Photo)

One week post op after upper eyelid lift.Right eye is uncomfortable and more swollen than left and I am noticing redness at incision site.Eyeball itself feels swollen and uncomfortable.

Eyelid surgery

The photos do not show anything out of the ordinary, but it is always best to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.

Upper Blepharoplasty Healing Question

The most important information is the progress of your healing.  If you are continuing to improve on a daily basis then there is an unlikely chance the area is infected.  If the eye area has new swelling, redness and pain then there is a greater chance something is not healing corrected.  Regardless, if you are concerned, I would see your blepharoplasty surgeon.

Upper lid infection

Upper lid infections are rare after surgery.  Your wound does not look infected.  It would be normal to still have redness and swelling. If the redness is getting worse you may have an allergy to whatever ointment you are using so ask your surgeon.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Question infection

Incision infections are very rare following blepharoplasty surgery. I don't see anything worrisome in your photo, but a visit to your surgeon may be reassuring. Best of luck.

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Swelling and redness following upper eyelid lift

It is normal to have some redness and swelling after an upper eyelid lift (blepharoplasty) and there can be some differences between the eyes.  However, since this is bothering you I would return to your plastic surgeon to see what recommendations he or she can make to reduce your discomfort.

Kevin Bounds, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Infection post op upper eyelid lift?

See your doctor but eyelid infections are very rare and the picture you attached looks like a normal varient post surgery. Good luck. 

Robert Graper, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Infection is almost unheard of after eyelid surgery.

I don't see evidence of infection based on the photograph provided. Infection with blepharoplasty is almost unheard of. Nevertheless it always is best to check in with your surgeon.

Do I have an infection after my eyelid surgery?

Infections after eyelid surgery are rare. But if you are concerned, I would immediately discuss this with your surgeon.

Jeffrey M. Joseph, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty infection

It is difficult to assess infection based on your pictures. If you are worried about infection, and with discomfort in your eyeball, you should seek immediate medical attention by your surgeon. It is very important you contact him or her immediately for either reassurance, antibiotics, or drainage procedure.

Manish C. Champaneria, MD