Do my implants look normal for one month post op? (Photos)

I am one month post opp with 350 UHP silicone under the muscle. I don't like how low the implants are and I don't believe this is how they are supposed to look.

Do my implants with normal one month after surgery?

Thank you for your question. It's too early to judge the final result. You are one month out from surgery.  Ultra high profile implants tend to stretch the skin more noticeably initially. The skin over the implants will continue to stretch and soften over the next 3 to 6 months. During that time, the implants will settle into the pocket created for them at the time of surgery. Try to be patient and allow yourself time to heal. Always follow your surgeons advice but don't hesitate to contact him or her to discuss your concerns.  Good luck! 

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Implant Position

Thank you for your question and photos. It appears that you would have had fairly constricted, short spaces under your areolas pre- augmentation and you are seeing the indent of previous fold now, more so on the right. There appears to be swelling in place still and you will need to be examined in person to determine if you have an issue with your fold or if time passing will soften and improve the contour.

All the best

Double bubble after breast augmentation

Your implant appearance is within the realm of normal.  The "bubble" is created by indention of the former inframammary fold upon the implant surface.  Assuming your fold was high and tight, lowering it is often a surgical necessity.  The bubble should improve with time.  However, sometimes the fibrous septa or attachments between the fold and skin remain intact and have to be broken up by a second surgery.

Appearance of breast

From your photos it appears you have a double bubble on the right breast. This may get better with time or you made need a revision to reposition the infra-mammary fold. You may want to ask your surgeon if you should wear a bra with an underwire on the right side only. It takes 4-6 months to see your final results.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Three Months For Full Healing and Position

In general, it does take about three months total to heal and settle from a breast augmentation.  Just be patient, massage the breasts twice a day, and see where things are at in another two months.  With the UHP they are always going to be more rounded due to the design of the implant.  I hope this helps.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It appears that you have a double bubble on your right breast. This should resolve over time but it is best to discuss this with your plastic surgeon to see if there is anything they want to do to help correct it or wait to see if it corrects itself over time. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Double bubble

it appears you have a double bubble on both sides, one side more pronounced than the other. This may get a little better with time, but thats why you don't like the way they look and appear to not have a smooth natural look. follow-up with your surgeon as recommended to continue further discussions with them.

Do my implants look normal for one month post op?

You seem to have a double bubble on one side. This may get better over time. Follow up with your surgeon as it takes up to 6 months to see the final results.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Double bubble after breast augmentation

You have a "double bubble" on your right side.  This is typically caused be the surgeon having to lower the fold at the bottom of the breast in order for the implant to be properly positioned behind the nipple.  If the fold isn't lowered, then the implant would sit too high and the nipple on that side point downward.  Be sure to discuss this with your PS to see if there is anything else that needs to be done now to prevent further descent of that implant.

Thank you for your question and photos. At one month post op, it's a bit too soon to determine your final outcome. It can take several months for implants to settle into their final position.

I recommend you return to your surgeon for an in-office evaluation. There is nothing wrong with seeking his/her advice and reassurance. Typically, I evaluate final results at 6 months post or more, depending on the patient.

Good luck!