I want to lose some fat in my midsection and sides. Would liposuction help me? (Photo)

I've had two children and my stomache has a layer of fat but no stretch marks or a lot of loose skin I do have a layer of fat I cannot get rid of im wondering if lipo or smart lipo would be a good option for me ?

It looks like you would be a great candidate for Smart Lipo.  This is laser assisted liposuction where the laser will emulsify the fat and then heat the under surface of the skin to get some skin tightening.  A small liposuction cannula, smaller than what we would have traditionally used will then suction out the liquefied fat to give you an improved contour.

Good luck,
Dr. T 

Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon

I want to lose some fat in my midsection and sides. Would liposuction help me?

Liposuction appears to be a very reasonable option for you based upon the pictures.

Liposuction may help

Thanks for your pictures.  It depends on your exam.  If you have some fat that can be pinched you may be a candidate for liposuction.  Please seek several consultations from board certified plastic surgeons.

It looks like you could be a good candidate for liposuction. I agree with some of the other physicians that, given your history of two pregnancies, you may have a separation of your six pack muscles that could be contributing to some fullness of the abdomen. A rectus diastasis is not improved by liposuction. I would certainly make sure to consult with a physician who performs liposuction and tummy tucks so that you can determine how best to obtain your goals.

Body Contouring Candidate

You are a great candidate for contouring not just general fat reduction.  If you go to someone experienced in very fit people with your type of skin and shape, you will get an amazing result with a new contour you are happy about.  Do not go to someone who just does liposuction for fat reduction, as you will be left with lose skin.  Seek an expert for treatment, someone who has a practice dedicated to this and uses noninvasive devices to enhance their results. Best, Dr. Emer.

Would liposuction help me?

If you pinch your tummy that is protruding and there is a fair thickness of fat, then you may be a candidate for liposuction. If the skin you pinch is also loose, then you may be a candidate for a mini tummy tuck with liposuction. From your photo, your slender build, and your history of two pregnancies, I wonder whether your abdominal protrusion is due to stretching of your fascia (diastasis recti or separation of the abdominal rectus muscles). Examination by a board-certified (by the American Board of Plastic Surgery) plastic surgeon would answer this question. You do not want to have liposuction if you do not have excess thickness of fat, as you would be at high risk of irregularities which are extremely difficult to treat. I would suggest that you not go to see someone who only does liposuction and does not do tummy tucks, as you may end up with liposuction even if it is not the best surgery for you.

Liposuction ?

If your skin is of good quality and your muscles are tight, then if the subcutaneous layer is thick, liposuction may be right for you.

Liposuction for Midsection and Flanks

Liposuction is effective for people without excess skin but localized fat that you would like to remove. Although your pictures are of very poor quality, you seem to fit these requirements. Seek a consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon who has significant experience in the procedure

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo is a nice option for small fatty areas with good skin tone

The pictures show some mid abdominal fat with what appears to be good skin tone and adequate musclofascial shape (ie. your muscles aren't too stretched).  Smartlipo is a nice option for patients with those characteristics.  Be sure to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Jason E. Leedy, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Yes my over the internet opinion would be to seek in person consultations with boarded PSs in your area.