I need honest doctor answers, do you find my implants asymmetrical? (Photo)

I love my implants, because after my kids my breast were deflated and extremely unattractive, however I look and I feel like my right is a lot smaller than my right like maybe ever a size smaller. I received my surgery on October 3rd I feel maybe my left still needs to drop slightly?

Asymmetry

Congratulations on your surgery. I do see some mild asymmetry that may resolve over the next few months. You should know that almost all women have some degree of asymmetry between their breasts. This will sometimes get magnified when breast implants are placed. For further symmetry, I have had good success with adding fat grafting to the small side to better match the size and shape of the opposite breast. Best of luck.

Slight asymmetry is present

I humbly request you to not be discouraged and know that you are not alone in feeling this. Large number of women experience differences in their breasts few days to few weeks after surgery and feel awful. After waiting for a few months, they finally get the results they were hoping for.

Implants initially sit high up because the chest muscles and surrounding breast tissues have not become accustomed to the implant resulting in tightness. You have to allow gravity to take effect, and overtime, natural tissue expansion will allow the implants to fall into place causing your breasts to appear more natural, softer, and rounder. Once that happens, the implant will sit directly behind the breast tissue in a natural 45:55 breast ratio, and the nipples will move up higher.

Please note that it is not uncommon for breasts to heal and adapt to implants at different rates. Also, your perception of size can change if the breasts are not at the same level. Don't make that mistake. Your left breast may be more firmer and higher up on the chest wall making it seem smaller. Or it may even that the swelling reduced in the left breast quicker than the right breast.

Nevertheless, you may have to wait 3-6 months for the final results. So there is a lot of time for the “drop and fluff.” If the breasts still appear different at that point in time, then you may share your concerns with your surgeon and they should be able to fix the problem.

Hope this helps.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Do you find my implants asymmetrical?

The photo is what it is, and you do not need a surgeon to tell you what you see. Asymmetry is very common, and in order to see how things settle you should wait at least six months to judge. If you are still unhappy talk to your surgeon to see what might be done to help.