I still have asymmetry after breast implants and a little loose skin - will this resolve? (Photo)

I received 415cc submuscular implants on October 3rd I will be 2 weeks PO on October 17th.I knew that they different sizes before surgery, he ordered a 385cc implant and a 415cc to see if maybe sticking the 385 in the larger one and 415 in the smaller would even out the size. After surgery he kept put same size implants in.will my loose skin resolve and how bad is my asymmetry? I know I am still early in my PO process but I wouldn't mind some more feed back.

Breast issues

At two weeks you are still early in the process.  If the skin stays loose at 4-6 months, you may need a lift. 

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Implant settling time

After submuscular augmentation, the implants can be elevated due to muscular activity.  While this occurs, there is often loose skin in the lower pole of the breast.  This goes away as the implant settles.  Your implants still have some settling to do.  Be patient.  

You are only a few weeks out from surgery, things will change quite a bit over over the next few months as the implants settle. Be patient and allow your muscle to adjust to the implant 

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

I still have asymmetry after breast implants and a little loose skin - will this resolve?

Thank you for your question. You are in early post op phase of healing.They continue to change in the coming few weeks. Please follow instructions from your PS and re evaluate in 3 months.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I know waiting is difficult but allow your results at least 3-6 months to mature before assessing any continued asymmetry.  Surgery has left your implants high and tight against your chest as a result of the swelling within your skin, breast tissue and muscle.  As this swelling resolves, you will see that the volume within the implant will redistribute toward the lower portion of each breast, rounding out your breast shape and yielding a more natural result.  Hope this helps.

Final result will not be evident for at least 3 months after augmentation

Step back from the mirror and take a deep breath.  Every patient takes at LEAST 3 months after a submiscular breast augmentation for the implants to drop and fluff. It is very common for even symmetric pre op breasts to show asymmetry post operatively during this time. Congratulations on your surgery. Just give everything some time and follow your surgeons instructions

Melinda Haws, MD

You are early in recovery and your results should be much better over the next 3 months as the implants dropped into position.  In most cases the implant will drop and you will look much more symmetrical once the right implant drops a little further.  Ask your plastic surgeon about breast implant displacement exercises and possibly a Bando.

Based on your current photo I think you will be fine.