What is the best way to give the appearance of a narrower waist? (photos)

I work out a lot and clearly you cannot make your waist smaller. So I was wondering if there is a surgery to slim the waist.. If so what and how much? Or would my best bet be hip augmentation? Attached are pictures of my current body I am 20yrs old.

What is the best way to improve my figure?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Numerous procedures can be done, but not all of them should be done.  You may be a candidate for liposuction, or noninvasive treatments such as Cool Sculpt or True Sculpt.  I recommend starting with a face to face consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience with this area. After your consultation they should be able to let you know your options. Once you know your options then you can decide if it makes sense to have surgery. 
Good luck.

Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Narrower Waist

Thank you for your question, and for the photos.
Based on the picture, liposuction should help to contour your mid-section nicely.  Fat grafting to the buttocks (to make it more round and full, not big) will also give the illusion of a smaller tummy.  I recommend consulting with a local plastic surgeon who can discuss your goals and the procedures in more detail.  Best of luck!

Dr. Dan Krochmal
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Good candidate for liposuction

Thanks for your photos and question. You are a good candidate for liposuction. My advise to you will be a lipofilling at your buttocks area which will help for reshaping your body. Please consult with a board certified PS. Best Regards

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Narrower waist

Liposuction of the flanks can achieve a narrower waist. I recommend a consultation with a board-certified dermatologic surgeon or a plastic surgeon experienced in liposuction. Only after a physical examination, can a procedure  be recommended.

Renuka Diwan, MD
Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Narrow my waist?

Thank you for asking about your waist and hips.
  • Great question -
  • It is excellent that you are fit.
  • If there is any excess fat around your waist, and most of us have some, removing it with liposution will narrow are waist.
  • The fat removed can be transferred to your hips - transferred fat doesn't always take but it you have liposuction, it is reasonable to have this done too.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

What is the best way to give the appearance of a narrower waist?

It looks like liposuction of the flanks & love handles may help improve your waistline. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- FEMALE HI DEF 4D CONTOURING

You need a female VASER hi def contouring procedure to get definition, shape and contour along with fat removal and skin tightening.  Find an expert, this type of technique requires skill and expertise.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction candidate

Liposution should definitely address the problem. If you want to add curve to the hips/butt you can do so at the same time with fat grafting to those area. See a board certified plastic with an expertise in body contouring in your area for a detailed consultation. They should be able to answer your concerns more specifically. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction #fatgraft

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Based on your picture alone you may be a good candidate for liposuction of your waist and love handle region to help narrow your waist.  If you reinjected the fat into either your gluteal or hip region it would further accentuate your curves for an hour-glass appearance but the latter recommendation is dependent on your goal outcome.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation, they can examine your skin and discuss treatment options with you.  Hope this helps.