Fat transfer vs Fillers?

I am 49 and have lost fat in my face. I live in BC Canada. I'm wondering if we have any Drs practicing here that are experts at fat transfer? Also I'd like opinions on both procures as I'm debating what to do with my volume loss.

Facial volume restoration options

Both facial fillers such as hyaluronic acid products, Radiess, etc and fat transfer are good options for adding facial volume. Sculptra adds volume gradually, but is effective if enough sessions are done. You might consult Dr Ritchie Younger in Vancouver for options. He is an excellent board certified Facial Plastic Surgeon.

Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

If you never had any filler before, I would recommend starting with hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm to test their effects. Since hyaluronic acid occurs naturally in the human body, these fillers last about six months and their effects are reversible. Once you decide you are satisfied with the result and ready for more permanent options, Bellafill and fat transfer are both good options. One thing to note about fat transfer, however, is that the result can vary widely as different amount of fat is reabsorbed by different individuals. I recommend that you meet with an experienced, certified physician. Best of luck.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer or fillers

Fat transfer is permanent although not all the fat will take that is transferred. Filler products like hyaluronic acids are reservable but does not require a surgical procedure.