Is this double bubble? 3 days post op (Photos)

I am 3 days post opp and I'm noticing what I think is double bubble. I have 350cc silicone unders. I was previously a B cup. I am wearing a compression bra also.. Will this problem resolve on its own?

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

Do I show a double bubble deformity 3 days after surgery

Thanks for the question and the three photos.  This is so early after the surgery to make a decision about this.  I would believe that when you say you had unders for the breast augmentation, my hope is that you mean your surgeon has both implants partially under the muscle, with the lower part of both implants under the breast as well.  This is better for the final result.  Having said that, at this early time your implants have created a double shadow or bubble below the normal inframammary fold of each breast.  This may change in the future, and my best advice would be to continue to let your Plastic Surgeon evaluate you as you continue to heal up.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Double bubble?

It is too early to tell. You have to let the swelling subside, and for the implants to descend into the pocket. Best of luck.

Another sub muscle complication

Sorry for you. This is not uncommon with implants totally under the muscle. Under muscle is too often "sold" as being the perfect and ONLY operation to consider. It certainly is not.

You are looking at the bottom edge of your breast where is attached to your muscle. The edge is still attached to the muscle, only now the implant is below it. That is why you are looking at the edge.

I hope for you it will improve with time.

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon