Day 13 post transconjunctival blepharoplasty with fat repositioning: under eye skin look super wrinkled. Any suggestions?(photo)

When I smile my eye look horrific and old. I had crepey skin prior but it is way worse now. Will this resolve once swelling decreases or am I doomed?

Post op issues

zsazsa13, too early to tell and only your surgeon should be answering questions this close to the procedure. Not a big fan of fat transposition but that is water over the dam. Talk to your surgeon and good luck!

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Still early days!

Greetings from the UK! Yes I'd completely agree with others. It's very early at the moment and even though the skin swelling is a lot less than an anterior approach blepharoplasty, you'll still get some swelling within the skin itself (postoperative oedema) which alters how the eyelid skin behaves, often accentuating minor creases. Try to be optimistic and wait a bit longer. You'll probably be pleasantly surprised over the next few weeks as the swelling reduces and the skin essentially thins becoming less rigid and more elastic again. Best wishesDavid

David Cheung, MBChB, Bsc(Hons), FRCOphth
Birmingham Oculoplastic Surgeon

Don't get excited yet.

You are just so early from surgery, this type of swelling is to be expected and will get better.  Be patient and let your eyelids heal.  Do not manipulate the eyelids.  Follow your surgeon's directions and please consider posting and update in 6 weeks.

Eyelid skin

At present, I would allow things to heal. The skin will likely resume to normal as the swelling subsides. Down the road you might consider small skin excision or laser to improve the skin laxity.

13 days after lower lid bleph

You still have a significant amount of swelling at 13 days post operatively.  The swelling can distort this aware quite a bit.  Also  in this area, we have quite a bit of dynamic forces that cause wrinkling that may need to be addressed with botox.  The crepe-y changes in the skin may respond well to laser skin resurfacing.  However, I would wait at least a couple of more months to re-assess the area.  If there are concerns at that point, please address with your surgeon.  However, given time and proper healing, you should be a lot better than you are now!

Jasmine Mohadjer, MD
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

Wrinkling post lower lid bleph

You need to post a before photo as well.  You still look volume deficient here.  Did they also take out some fat?  Also doesn't look like any skin was excised.  If you had significant wrinkling pre-op some laser resurfacing and/or skin excision can help.  May also need some additional filler. But you are still very early in the healing phase so wait and see how it resolves.    

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower eyelid wrinkles after blepharoplasty

It is still early in your recovery period so you certainly aren't doomed.  It can sometimes take a few months to appreciate the final result. Give your body a few more weeks to heal.

Chaneve Jeanniton, MD
Brooklyn Oculoplastic Surgeon

Loose skin following blepharoplasty

It is still pretty early in the healing phase of your eyelid surgery.  Time certainly will help with the crepey appearance of your skin.  I may have suggested a small pinch excision of the skin if there is true excess skin, but an in office medium depth chemical peel or laser resurfacing with a number of modalities can be performed to safely address the quality of your eyelid skin if it has the same appearance in a few months.

Philip S. Schoenfeld, MD, FACS
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wrinkled skin post bleph

Since you are13 days post op you have a ways to go so maybe some heat and gentle massage to the area may help loosen things up and get rid of some of the wrinkles.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon