Should I continue to wear a compression belt? OP was Aug 2, 350cc each side, infram, subpec, Mentor Silitex High Profile (Photo)

My doctor told me to wear the compression belt for 2 weeks only. I am now almost exactly 7 weeks post-op and I'm still wearing it since I kind of feel better with it but this might be a mind thing. However, I now wear it only at home and not when I'm out. I've read here of women who have worn their belts for multiple months (even up to six). Would it be the safest procedure to keep on wearing it for the rest of my life (but only at night e.g.)? Please advise. Thank you very much.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Compression devices following Breast Augmentation

Every plastic surgeon has their preferences when it comes to post operative care. Some use compression devices, some don't. Each have their reasons. Since you chose your plastic surgeon for a reason, respect your decision to follow their expertise. Talk to them if you feel strongly about opting out of their protocols, otherwise, follow their advice. 

Peter D. Geldner, MD