Compression suit necessary? (photos)

I had a circumferential body lift with fluer du lis, have 4 drains in place and had a compression garment on for 4 days. I was taken to hospital for possible blood clot ( turned out to be a case of compressed nerves) but they cut my compression suit off..... Do I need a new one or should I be ok with out it now?

Body Lift

Thank you for your question in regards to a body lift. Four days post-op is too soon to stop wearing compression. A compression jumpsuit or binder should still be wore. It is best to check with your surgeon for post-op instructions regarding your binder. To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

Lower body lift - is the compression garment necessary?

Thank you for asking about your lower body lift.

• I am sorry you had to go to the ER - 
  • Emergency staff are always trained to cut off clothes....sorry they cut off your expensive garment -
  • It sounds as though it was too tight for you.
  • If you were my patient, I would want you to at least have a jumpsuit or binder - not too tight.
  • But the only person you should rely on is your own surgeon.
  • You have just had surgery and a complication - let your own surgeon be your guide to recovery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Compression garments

I am not sure why they did not just unzip your compression garment, but I am glad you are feeling better. You may or may not need another though somewhat looser fitting garment. Check with your surgeon who is the only one who really knows the details of your surgery and if you need a garment. Good luck.