Breast Lift OR Breast Lift with implants? (photos)

I've been considering getting a breast lift for a while but I'm unsure as to whether to get a lift or a lift with implants. My current bra size 32 HH. I have a lot of loose skin/soft tissue and lots of stretchmarks. I don't have upper pole fullness. I really want to have perky brest and feel young again. My ultimate desire is to go out without wearing a bra. As you can see from the picture my breast is almost touching my navel. Which procedure would be best suited for me?

Breast reduction

You have very heavy breasts with severe breast ptosis. Your best option, in my opinion, would be a breast reduction, especially if your ultimate goal is to go out without a bra. Given the very long distance from the current position of your nipples and the submammary crease (the minimum level where they should be), you may want to consider a breast reduction with free nipple graft, which would allow a greater reduction in size and a much better final shape. Good luck!

London Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift OR Breast Lift with implants?

From your photos and history, I agree with my colleagues, your best option is a breast reduction which will also incorporate a breast lift.  Breast implants in your case would be counterproductive.  seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive breast reduction experience.   Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your description and pictures, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. When patients undergo breast reduction surgery their breasts are "automatically" lifted as well. Medium of the second stage, not recommend utilizing them at the same time as the breast reduction/lifting operation is performed.

“Typical” patients who present for breast reduction surgery are women who have disproportionately large breasts, causing problems such as neck/back/shoulder discomfort, postural changes, bra strap grooving, skin irritation/rashes under the breasts, and/or difficulty with activities of daily living and/or exercise etc. There may be both physical as well as psychosocial “stress” caused by the disproportionately large breasts.
Reducing breast tissue mass and elevating the breasts on the chest wall tend to improve or alleviate many of the symptoms associated with the disproportionately large breasts.

Patients considering breast reduction surgery should also consider the potential downsides (risks/complications) associated with the procedure as well. Poor scarring, for example may be associated with the procedure. Additional surgery may be necessary in the short or longer term for a multitude of reasons. Timing of service should be individualized based on the specific patient's life circumstances and preferences.
When the time is right, I suggest that you seek consultation with well experienced plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.

Once you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully, it will be important for you to communicate your goals carefully as well. In my practice, I asked patients to use as many “visual aids”, such as goal photographs, during the communication process. Avoid the use of subjective terms; for example, "C or D cup” and/or “proportionate"… these terms can be confusing, since they may mean different things to different people.
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast reduction surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Breast Lift

Thank you for the question and the photos and I am surprised you are not asking about a breast reduction rather then a lift with implants because you are very large now and would benefit from a reduction if only to reduce the weight of your breasts on your back.

Dr. Corbin 

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Lift

I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns. I would suggest a breast reduction, which will lift and reduce your breasts to a size that would be best suited for your frame. If you have minimal upper breast fullness, an implant can be used under the muscle to provide this.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift, Implants & Reduction for Heavy Breasts

A #mastopexy or #BreastLift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is used for #breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis). Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy. This is called an #Augmentation/Mastopexy. An #Augmentation/#Mastopexy or can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

Breast reduction/lift

Thank you for your question and photos.  You appear to be an ideal candidate for a breast reduction/lift.  Please be seen in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine what would be both best and realistic for you.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Thank you for your question.  You would be best served with a breast reduction. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for an evaluation.  Best wishes!

Breast reduction

You would get the best result with a breast reduction. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon.  In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself #breastreduction

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction with Implants or Breast Lift

Thanks for your photos and question.  Clearly you need an uplift combined with a breast reduction however that would probably lead to some settling and skin relaxation and a lack of perkiness.  I would discuss with you the optional placement of small implants behind your nipples to enhance projection and shaping though this adds to the risks of the surgery but potentially to your satisfaction.
Discuss all of your choices with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon.  Best wishes.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV
Certified, Am Board of Plastic Surgery
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD