How to address dismissive surgeon/doctor?

I am one week post op from surgery and the surgeon I chose is dismissive when I try to ask questions.He did the surgery,walked out and was never even present to check on my post op recovery or stitch removal.I was told I could book an appointment to see him again in 5 weeks for final check up I am feeling depressed but want to discuss this with the surgeon.Help please

Dismissive surgeon

I'm sorry you are having this experience.  All offices are slightly different in terms of physician and staff dynamics, but maybe there is an office manager or patient care coordinator whom you could talk to to have your concerns heard.  Best of luck!

San Jose Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dismissive surgeon

I am sorry you are feeling neglected by your surgeon.

I do not know what kind of surgery you had. I feel that it is more important to have closer follow up with some procedures.

I think you would be best served by contacting the office and speaking with staff and telling them your concerns.

A nurse or other qualified staff members might be able to explain things or make you feel better about where you currently are. They would also be able to help you move up your appointment if you desire.

For the benefit  of other patients, I assume you were saying that the surgeon was dismissive before surgery as it appears you haven't seen him after surgery. You should be very comfortable with your surgeon, his qualifications and style prior to surgery as it is likely to reflect his style post-operatively as well.

Please don't hesitate to call the office.

Good luck!

Frederick K. Park, MD
Rocky Mount Plastic Surgeon

Try letter or email

Sorry to hear the story.
You can try email, a letter, or talk to the nurse about your concerns if you are medically stable and have more questions.
Dr. Denkler

Do you have a specific problem

I don't know about this doctors schedule, but it appears to be very busy.  He may have personnel
trained to perform the post op duties but might have been unable to stop by your post op visits 
due to scheduling.  You are in your first week of recovery.  If you have a specific problem or question
which you feel you want your doctor to answer, call the office and request an appointment sooner than 
5 weeks specifically to meet the doctor.  I'm sure any officewould accomodate that request, and it 
may not be that he is dismissive.

Brian K. Machida, MD, FACS
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dismissive Surgeon

It is an implicit responsibility of a Surgeon to discuss your concerns with you or have an educated staff member review your case.  I personally see all of my patients for initial postop visits and suture removal in order to maintain quality control and allay concerns patients inevitably have.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unresponsive surgeon

This is unfortunate and I would call his office and make an appointment earlier.Also you can go on various doctor grading sites and give your opinion.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon