Am I a candidate for a fat transfer to the breasts? (photos)

I am not looking for my A cup breasts to be a D cup. My ideal results would be a full B or small C cup. I have attached photos of my body. After having a child, my breasts have lost some volume on the top and I have extra fatty tissue in my stomach. Am I a good candidate for a fat transfer? I am not looking for implants.

Fat Transfer to the Breasts

Thank you for your question and for sharing appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a fat transfer procedure. Liposuction of the abdomen and flanks will give you a contoured waistline and then the fat will be centrifuged and transferred to your breasts. You can expect about a 1 cup size increase. Keep in mind that 60% of the fat lives forever, so your surgeon will over-inject initially. Make sure you're working with a board certified plastic surgeon for best results and precise recommendations. 

Am I a good candidate for breast fat transfer

You appear to be a great candidate for the following reasons.

1.  You have a nice skin tone following loss of volume of your breast from nursing

2.  You have reasonable expectations for size.  In order to get an adequate volume of fat for this procedure you will need to have fat harvested from your abdomen and flanks and maybe even your arms and medial thighs.

Fat transfer for breast augmentation is not as popular as standard breast augmentation because it is not as reproducible.  You should go see a plastic surgeon who performs many of these procedures and receive an in person consultation to discuss the pros and cons. 

Breast Fat Grafting Candidate

Thank you for you pictures and your question. Although it is impossible to determine your candidacy without an exam, it does appear that you would be a good candidate for fat transfer. The most important thing is your expectation. Fat transfer will not get your breasts to a D cup but it can likely get them to a B cup and don't forget the added bonus of the liposuction. Good luck! 

Anthony J. Wilson, MD
Portsmouth Physician

Possibly

a reasonable size increase with fat transfer to the breasts is 1 cup size increase. You do not have tons of fat to transfer, but I would imagine you could get approx 1 cup size increase. 

Fat transfer to breast

You do not have a lot of fat to use, but a small increase, especially upper fullness, may be possible. When fat is transferred, not all of it takes. Extra preparation we use such as Vaser, spinning may enhance results.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations. 

Am I a candidate for a fat transfer to the breasts?

Based on your pictures, a B cup may be possible. Make sure you see an experienced plastic surgeon for an evaluation.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

Thank you for your question. About 60-70% of the grafted fat survives.  At 6 months you will have a good idea of your results. Some women have a second or third procedure which continues to increase your volume safely. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon